culshaw

Corrado bicycle

I bet when you hit 55 miles per hour going down hill on that bike, a little spoiler flicks up :lol:

Si

No , but did you know , you can also buy corrado shoes ?.

I might get some to go with my Corrado pants and socks :dance::lol:

But on a serious note not sure about the history of the Corrado bike, can't really find anything on Google.

There's a guy called Corrado Herin he sadly died in a plane crash in late March this year, looks like he was a mountain bike racing champion, not sure if they named the bike after him, he was racing in the early 1990s right up until 2016 I think.

Here's the link below:

https://www.wideopenmountainbike.com/2019/04/italian-mountain-bike-legend-corrado-herin-passes-away

Si

Makes sense that he might have endorsed or otherwise lent his name to a line of bikes.

It would look cool in one of those ultra-rare Thule Corrado roof racks! Would be a great photo.

Makes sense that he might have endorsed or otherwise lent his name to a line of bikes.

It would look cool in one of those ultra-rare Thule Corrado roof racks! Would be a great photo.

Definitely.

I might get some to go with my Corrado pants and socks :dance::lol:

Hope you have deep pockets, they are Italian and look very expensive lol

Hope you have deep pockets, they are Italian and look very expensive lol

My pockets Rob are always normally empty,

the joys of owning a Corrado for the last 17 years :lol:

:shocked!: No way those Corrado shoes are £££

Just had a look on Fleebay :shocked!:

Si

The Bikes were made by a couple of guys in the med 90's from the Manchester/Liverpool area, I work in the cycle trade and have done for 28 years.

The shop I used to work at was approached by them for us to become a stockist but we didn't bother as they were similar to other brands around at the time.

They did sponsor a UK team at one point too and one of their riders John Tanner went on to win thew National Road Race Championships thus becoming a great advert for their bikes.

When they came into the shop I already had my 16v and my boss asked them about where they got the name from, They hadn't even heard of a VW Corrado lol! and they got the name from a suggestion of the name to use from a wind over a few beers aparantly

The Bikes were made by a couple of guys in the med 90's from the Manchester/Liverpool area, I work in the cycle trade and have done for 28 years.

The shop I used to work at was approached by them for us to become a stockist but we didn't bother as they were similar to other brands around at the time.

They did sponsor a UK team at one point too and one of their riders John Tanner went on to win thew National Road Race Championships thus becoming a great advert for their bikes.

When they came into the shop I already had my 16v and my boss asked them about where they got the name from, They hadn't even heard of a VW Corrado lol! and they got the name from a suggestion of the name to use from a wind over a few beers aparantly

Great story - interesting to have some background on these!