BillyBremner

1996 VW Corrado VR6 Black / Full Black Leather/ V.Tidy / ££££s Spent

SOLD SOLD SOLD FOR £3500 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Corrado VR6 Manual in Black with original black leather interior (heated front seats) and in UNMODIFIED, excellent condition for its age. Just had £2200 spent on bodywork, including new rust free, powder coated Cross Member (ie: Radiator Support), Bumper Supports front and rear, Window Scrapers, rust cut out wherever it has presented itself and genuine German metal welded in - so the car is now nice and solid and ready to be taken to the next level by its new owner.

Lots and lots of vehicle history dating from 1996 to present. 2 keepers registered on logbook from new, and all have looked after this car as illustrated by the service history and general demeanour.

First owner kept the car for 15 years. Second owner (present owner) ever since.

The Corrado has 11 months MOT, and comes on excellent SpeedLine rims.

Going a bit deeper....

Good Stuff:

Headlights and fog lights are clean, only 1 cracked foglamp.

Body work is very straight with no dents, scratches, scuffs or rust - panels all lined up very nicely as they should be

engine bay very clean.

Battery has been replaced.

Strong, unmodified VR6 with no rattles

Phenomenal power through the gears and that magnificent VR6 roar

Stainless exhaust

Recent brakes and suspension all round

2 genuine VW keys

Thatcham alarm system with 2 remote fobs, blue LED warning winker

Full black leather interior with Heated front seats

Sunroof opens on TILT

Genuine Speedline Alloys in Excellent condition

Proven daily driver but never used in winter

Redex fuel treatment to keep system clean and maintain Bhp

Lots of vehicle history

only 2 former keepers

Unmodified and unmolested original vehicle

Sony Face-Off stereo with Aux input

Full First Aid kit in Rear armrest

Uncut / Undamaged Boot Tidy

Next Level Improvements:

Headlining getting a bit baggy in places - could do with re-fixing or renewing

Fan sometimes sticks on

Rear Spoiler does not budge

Sunroof opens on TILT and has been open on SLIDE - but I dont use SLIDE

MOT advisory on all 4 tyres.

So, nothing major or majorly expensive. Nothing to stop the fun commencing with immediate effect.

This is a very clean example of a VR6 corrado, being the top variant of the model for up and coming classics, and would be a great option for someone who likes both power, luxury and real character when driving. This particular Corrado has been intercepted for futureprooofing whilst in good order and is on the up, and the new owner will be likely to be fellow enthusiast who is prepared himself to throw the money down to take this car to the next level; someone to whom it is important that this raw, powerful, resilient and unfussy, 'real drivers', 'real car' is encouraged to survive in this sterile, faceless world.

Notes For The Uninitiated; The Volkswagen Corrado VR6 is a powerful 2.9Litre, 6 cylinder, 192bhp Grand Tourer that is capable of running rings round most things, and giving a rare and unique driving experience that modern cars just cannot even dream of. Many would say it is The most beautiful VW design, and here in the slickest, timeless colour with the best interior spec - this car is so outrageously cool it finds fans and turns heads wherever it goes. Those who know what it is need no explanation - and for those who dont the very stance and presence of this car quickly provides its own.

Pictures can be seen here:

(Gumtree give you 9 pics for free) https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/vw-corrado-vr6-black-with-full-black-leather-hted-unmodified-great-body-stainlessexh-%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3s-spent/1344286235

Also advertised on Car & Classic here: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1126280

Restoration pics also available. Please contact for more pics or info.

Price is now @ £3500 ono. Prefer Enthusiast.

Good Deal can be struck with the right buyer.

Car is located 5 mins from the M61 at BWFC stadium junction.

Thanks.

Edited by BillyBremner
CAR IS NOW SOLD

Don't know how to send a private message on the forum. Can you send me your number so I can call you about it?

Click on the OPs name and you will be able to PM from there.

Click on the OPs name and you will be able to PM from there.

Cheers. Still doesn't appear on mine. I don't know if my profile is messed up. Says I'm a newbie even though I registered over 4 years ago and all my previous messages seen to have gone.

Thanks anyway. If OP can contact me that would be appreciated.

FIXED: I was in some kind of light version. Now in full version and it's all working again for me. Sorry to be an idiot

Edited by Wardyblade

Is this still for sale?

Yes the car is still for sale but we have a potential buyer who says he is coming for it on the 2nd August.

If he doesnt turn up oir doesnt take it, I will make it very clear on the forum.

In the meanwhile, PM me for my phone number or check the ad on Car&Classic which has a link in the original posting.

Thanks.