Marcvanweert

Vr6 job sheet

Hi all.

I'm 3 months into vr6 ownership and I love it. I wondering what things I should be doing / replacing to preserve the life of the car/ engine. Plans are in place to replace the chains and clutch by stealth. Any thing else urgent ?

Morning Marc, in all honesty it's your call. General maintenance/servicing certainly, but other than what you've already mentioned and if there were any advisories on previous MOT, it's entirely personal preference. Are there any things you're not overly happy with on the car? If so, start there. Ask Vince to give it a bit of a health check too, as that may give you more of an idea what's needed mechanically.

Many parts are now obsolete from the main dealers, many of the replacement parts aren't the same quality and will fail much sooner than the one the car was built with.

Change the minimum and reuse what you can would be my advice

Morning Marc, in all honesty it's your call. General maintenance/servicing certainly, but other than what you've already mentioned and if there were any advisories on previous MOT, it's entirely personal preference. Are there any things you're not overly happy with on the car? If so, start there. Ask Vince to give it a bit of a health check too, as that may give you more of an idea what's needed mechanically.

That's a good plan. I know of someone who has thier car in stealth at the moment so I'm going to ask vince if he can look. There weren't any advisories on the mot at all