Wardyblade

Electrics. Help needed (1994 VR6)

I'm hoping for some advice.

I had a intermittent indicator issue so cleaned up relay 21 and popped it back. Everything seemed okay.

A couple of days ago I notice the sunroof and Interior lights aren't working. I check fuse 21 and it's shorting out. There's nothing obvious wire wise but whilst I've been checking the wires the fuse box unit has come loose and is hanging free. More worrying is that all my indicator lights and dash board indicators are now flashing even when there is no key in the ignition.( Update. This has now stopped without the need to unhook the battery)

Have I done a proper job on this? Anyone in the Sheffield/Chesterfield area who can advise/give me a hand for a couple of hours/knows what they're doing/can recommend where to take to sort. You get my drift.

To me it seems the wiring behind the unit might be shorting or not connecting as expected. Electrics are not my thing though and I know when to admit I'm out of my depth.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Edited by Wardyblade

Mate, if you can get over to Aston j31 I will give you a hand. I have the Bentley manual and my testers...

Bit of a forum update:-

Was nice to meet Mike today. After dismantling the bottom dash panels, removing the interior light joints and messing with the fusebox, we sorted it.. until we tried to start it and it would not start... aghh,luckily it was just a couple of plugs dropped out the rear of the fuse box.

Always nice to keep a Corrado running

Bit of a forum update:-

Was nice to meet Mike today. After dismantling the bottom dash panels, removing the interior light joints and messing with the fusebox, we sorted it.. until we tried to start it and it would not start... aghh,luckily it was just a couple of plugs dropped out the rear of the fuse box.

Always nice to keep a Corrado running

Top man Cressa nice one,

we never doubted you mate :dance: :thumbleft:

That's it now Mike the beers are on you :drinking:

Si

Good news that yo got it sorted - there's a sliding plastic clip along the back of the fusebox rail that is meant to stop the plugs from falling out. It's often not pushed back into place.