wapadrand

Another ABS pump - 357614111 for a 94 VR6

Also in need of one...

Seen the thread below.

Let me know if you have anything suitable.

Fault code indicated issue with inlet valve.

Thanks.

Edited by wapadrand
Add information on fully codes

35761411 looks to be different and has the ABS pump unit integrated with the master cylinder and reservoir. RHD drive VR's have a 6 outlet pump unit located behind the coolant bottle, and a specific master cylinder with two outlets.

Have you scanned yours? The whole system is fragile, not just the pump.

ECU suffers water ingress. Faults - various

Pump suffers dry joints on the board as well as mechanical failure. Faults - inlet / outlet valve fauts

Wheel sensor - water ingress. Faults light permanently on - physically damaged / water ingress

Sensor reluctor rings. Faults damage and rust issues causing the pedal to pulse at low speeds.

Pedal position sensors. Faults dry / cracked solder joints - usually puts the light on when using the brakes, but can also be random.

There's also relays and fuses behind the glovebox. Faults power supply issues.

My car had one wheel sensor (light permanently on) - the fault then went intermittent, light on every time from a cold start, but would be OKish from a hot start - then fault, ( intermittent inlet / outlet valve faults) changed the pump for used. Then went very intermittent, once per 30 min journey to work, changed the pedal sensor and all's been good since.

Good points Dox - the codes can be pretty basic and are not always definitive, especially the valve related ones, which are rarely the valve but more likely to be with the PCB or wiring loom.

I'd check sensors, rings, pedal position sensor, loom, ECU and pump unit - in that order.

I'm not really sure what BBA-Reman can actually do to repair them, apart from testing and cleaning. When I was dealing with them, they first sourced a unit that turned out to be unrepairable, and I then bought another and sent it to them for testing and it checked out ok. In other cases I've heard they can clean out the valves to free them up, and sometimes carry out some solder repairs on the PCB, although in at least one case they simply swapped it out with one from another unit.

Thanks guys.

I'm dependent on my mechanic!

He tells me I need a new pump. I assume he has been through the other possible problems. I will relay all this to him....