Simeon

Ultimate Dubs 2020 ... No Corrados (!)

Did anyone head to UD over the weekend? I went down as a mate was debuting his Mk2 [took home Top 25, Best Engine & Sponsor's Choice so he did well] I enjoyed it this year, better balance of old and new than last time I went, but there wasn't a single Corrado indoors and I didn't see one in the outside show area either, crazy. Only one I saw was a blue VR6 pulling into the multi-storey carpark on Sunday afternoon.

I think with the recent weather, and the fact that the show is seen as 'scene' and very much a celebration of modifications which most have probably moved away from now in favour of preservation of factory spec, it'll always be difficult to pull people to this one. I know most shows have a concourse or show and shine with 'original' classes, but again the weather has probably put a dampener (excuse the pun) on that too. There just aren't that many around anymore in good enough condition yet with owners willing to drive them in all weathers, for a lot of shows to be attractive.

I went for every year as it's just up the road but I probably haven't been for 5 years. I got really fed up with the show tbh as it turned into who can get the biggest Bentley rims on an old dub. I'd probably give it another go next year though if it's got a better balance of cars.

8 minutes ago, ben_wooduk said:

I went for every year as it's just up the road but I probably haven't been for 5 years. I got really fed up with the show tbh as it turned into who can get the biggest Bentley rims on an old dub. I'd probably give it another go next year though if it's got a better balance of cars.

Yep far too many chavs in the VW scene , I like to go to mix car shows as you get to meet all sorts of car owners and learn a thing or two. 

Edited by Keyo

I like this show but the time of year = poor weather, salt etc. I haven't been for a few years.