Portent

Fuel line clips - VR6

The previous owner put non-standard worm clips on the fuel hoses which go into the fuel rail on the engine. I'd like to replace them with the correct original clips because the worm clips damage the line over time. Thanks.

Are you on about the double hose black clips that house on to the feed and return hose that run in between the engine block and air box ?  I believe there are three of them and one attaches to a metal clip bar that is attached to the rear of the engine bay .  

Edited by Keyo

I think he means the round hose clips. If so, any good quality 8mm fuel hose clip from a motor factors will work - the original clips can still be got from VW, but certain types of them are not re-useable and others need a special tool to fit and undo.

Yes I mean the round clips. Thanks I will look at alternate clips. The reason I am looking was because the current worm clips are cutting into it. It caused a minor leak last year and the garage cut the damage part off but advised me to get the correct clips to prevent it happening again.

1 hour ago, Portent said:

The previous owner put non-standard worm clips on the fuel hoses which go into the fuel rail on the engine. I'd like to replace them with the correct original clips because the worm clips damage the line over time. Thanks.

Ok I think you are after clamp number 7 on diagram ?  Thats if your car is a VR6. 

Part number N 90686701  14x 12 spring clamp . You can still get these as I purchased some last year from the dealers from memory. 

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/133/subcategory/38005/part_id/3688048/lang/e

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, fendervg said:

I think he means the round hose clips. If so, any good quality 8mm fuel hose clip from a motor factors will work - the original clips can still be got from VW, but certain types of them are not re-useable and others need a special tool to fit and undo.

Talking about fuel what's happening with your fuel pump Fen ? 

It's gone back to VDO - rang the shop for an update on Saturday, but nothing yet. I've refitted the old Pierburg one for now, but haven't used it in anger yet, just test fired the car a couple of times to make sure she starts and idles.

I'll give them another call in the morning to see.