Keyo

Recommended entertainment

Hi, 

Due too many been stuck at home due to this horrific virus,  boredom is sure to set in. 

Can folks leave a good link to a good programme/ boxset/ netflix or youtube channel.  Does not have to be car related. 

I'll start it off. 

Great channel on youtube- pretty much a genesis working on classix exotic classics. . 

Edited by Keyo

I learnt quite a bit watching this chap 'The Humble Mechanic' - one of his projects 'The White Wookie' ended up as a Mk3 VR6T after a full engine rebuild. 

His channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gRQKQgI3CsrcnMuHPyYsQ

Non car related, I like a bit of Sci Fi, so I am also watching the Mandalorian (the new Star Wars) on Disney+ and I'm also working my way through The Expanse on Amazon. 

Edited by vr6monkey

4 hours ago, vr6monkey said:

I learnt quite a bit watching this chap 'The Humble Mechanic' - one of his projects 'The White Wookie' ended up as a Mk3 VR6T after a full engine rebuild. 

His channel is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gRQKQgI3CsrcnMuHPyYsQ

Non car related, I like a bit of Sci Fi, so I am also watching the Mandalorian (the new Star Wars) on Disney+ and I'm also working my way through The Expanse on Amazon. 

Thanks that does look a handy channel, plenty of content as well . 

good thread Keyo

i dont watch much on youtube but that is worth a look

ive mostly been bashing need for speed heat the past couple of weeks - id recommend that to anyone looking to get their heart beat raised for a while.....damn them cops come out in force at times lol

Another great channel . been watching it for a couple years. Think he is the owner of the EVO magazine. 

Edited by Keyo

This is a good thread 👍

Keyo I've been watching that YouTube channel (Harry's Garage) for the last 12 month's or more it's great, I'd say he's definitely got one of the best collection of car's around. Really enjoyed it when he was showing his Lamborghini Countach, and the other episode when showing his Ferrari Testarossa, really beautiful car's.

The most recent supercar YouTube channel I've just started to watch is called (Number 27) the guy has bagged himself a Ferrari 308 GTS, basically repairing it himself where he can. Always loved the 308 especially after seeing it on the classic TV series Magnum Pi back in the 1980s, apparently they're going to be bringing back a new version of Magnum Pi this year sometime, I can't see it being better then the original ?

This theme tune and intro is awesome, I can't see them beating this in the new version.

TV series / box set, I'd say definitely (Magnum Pi).   (Breaking Bad) = if you've never seen this believe me it is awesome.  Also the prequel to Breaking Bad called (Better Call Saul) this isn't such a roller coaster as Breaking Bad, but still has it's adrenaline moments, I thought it was quite good. Also watched on Netflix (Z Nation) basically it's a zombie apocalypse kind of series, really funny in places, but also really gruesome 😆   A part from that haven't really seen much TV.

Si 

4 minutes ago, vw rule said:

This is a good thread 👍

Keyo I've been watching that YouTube channel (Harry's Garage) for the last 12 month's or more it's great, I'd say he's definitely got one of the best collection of car's around. Really enjoyed it when he was showing his Lamborghini Countach, and the other episode when showing his Ferrari Testarossa, really beautiful car's.

The most recent supercar YouTube channel I've just started to watch is called (Number 27) the guy has bagged himself a Ferrari 308 GTS, basically repairing it himself where he can. Always loved the 308 especially after seeing it on the classic TV series Magnum Pi back in the 1980s, apparently they're going to be bringing back a new version of Magnum Pi this year sometime, I can't see it being better then the original ?

This theme tune and intro is awesome, I can't see them beating this in the new version.

TV series / box set, I'd say definitely (Magnum Pi).   (Breaking Bad) = if you've never seen this believe me it is awesome.  Also the prequel to Breaking Bad called (Better Call Saul) this isn't such a roller coaster as Breaking Bad, but still has it's adrenaline moments, I thought it was quite good. Also watched on Netflix (Z Nation) basically it's a zombie apocalypse kind of series, really funny in places, but also really gruesome 😆   A part from that haven't really seen much TV.

Si 

Yeah Ive been watching him si. 

I think he has made some bad car purchases in the last few months. He had lovely 964 at one point and a esprit and now has the pug and this lack lusting money pit ferrari which is sure to bankrupt. Car wizard from Kansas is good as well if you get the chance to watch him. 

Youtube- carfection, harrys garage, harrys farm,  Carpervert, collecting cars, Jayemm on cars, number27, ratarossa, smith and sniff

Humble Mechanic is fantastic.  He does things properly 🙂

Just looking through by YT subs list...... SpeedAcademy, Harrys Garage, Carfection, Redish Motosport, Engineering Explained, Subi Performance, Rob Dham, Haltech Technically Speaking, Papadakis Racing, PeterBjorck, Tom's Turbo Garage, AMMO NYC, Darkside Developments, Deutsche Auto parts, ECS Tuning, M539 Restorations, Volkswizard, SK8215, TheSmokingTire and many more.

No particular brand affiliation, just all round excellent car related viewing.

But my absolute favourite - Obsession Motorsport.  Their 'Project Binky' series is an amazing watch!

I like this channel on youtube- the USA non messing presenter has a huge habit for UK classics and basically buys everyone he can find for his collection. In this episode he collects six Sprite barn finds for himself. He is the ultimate home mechanic and even has a rolling road in his enormous man cave, tyre changer you name it. Also does  a lot of will this car start after 30 years etc. Only has 13 K subscribers. 

Edited by Keyo

Great thread, I feel like I have completed youtube since I've watched so much of it. I haven't been getting much decent content to watch for a while, perhaps because of lockdown.

I have 346 channels i'm subscribed to, mostly cars. Im into normal cars that I'm likely to be able to afford so none of the supercar stuff. At the moment channels that stick out are

Furiousdriving - lots of old project cars he works on

Memphis - vw mk1

Soup Classic motoring - great videos

Christian Smith - Mk3/Mk4 Golfs

Mk2 Owners Club

JohnnyGetsCash

There is a distinct lake of VW Corrado content (and Mk2 Golf content too)

Looks like your man stumbles across a rare 60k plus mini in his 5 barn sprite find. 

Can reccomend this Germanic  no nonsense amatuer mechainic that would put most professionals to shame. Rarely puts out a video but worth the wait. 

First. 

Second 

Edited by Keyo