_Matt_

Fuel pump running when ignition off...

Hi,

Following on from other thread about check valves... my fuel pump is running constantly. Key doesn't have to be in the ignition - I don't remember this being a feature of the car! It has just come back from the bodyshop.

I'm aware a constantly running pump coulld be a fried ECU but plan to check earths first.

Any tips or past experiencs would be great to hear! 

Cheers

Matt

Sounds like something is bridging battery live to the fuel pump - I'd check your ECU and fuel pump relays under the driver's side dash - I think (from memory) that 109 is ECU and 167/67  is the fuel pump, but a quick search should be able to confirm.

As fender suggests, pull the 167 relay and see if it switched the pump off.  If it does, best to replace it.  As a short term fix you can pop the cover off and clean up the contacts assuming its got stuck between the poles.  Then use 12v to see if it opens and closes cleanly before putting the cover back on.  

Thanks guys, updated my other thread and took your advice. Fuel pump is good but car still not wanting to fire.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk