ABV-VR6

The rear beam bushings

@ABV-VR6 Thanks for the suggestion to put the bushes in the freezer - and all the initial advice. Spurred me on to try this. I'm definately going to contact the guy again and see if we can arrange a group buy. 

2 hours ago, Bruno said:

@ABV-VR6 Thanks for the suggestion to put the bushes in the freezer - and all the initial advice. Spurred me on to try this. I'm definately going to contact the guy again and see if we can arrange a group buy. 

Oh I'm glad if I have been of any help! Always good to share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts. 

Sounds good for the group buy! 

Cheers! 

Hi Bruno, 

I found out that the company who make the tool are MARK-MOTO http://www.mark-moto.com.pl/ , the tool is in their on-line catalog under WAR10, but they only deal through distributors, and the ebay guy also has a website, https://gm-tools.eu/index.html, , however as you may have found , though you can select the tool and put it in the basket, on checkout the drop down country to supply to list does NOT include UK...also found another Company, Tesam - Automotive Tools Company - Workshop, they also do sell the same tool /  a very similar one listed as tool S0000003, and again I can select to pay in GBP and  put the item in basket , but as soon as you try to select delivery to UK..error, so even distributors are not selling to UK, Brexit is more of a pain than I ever imagined it would be, anyway,  I hope to change the rear bushings this year and would also be glad to be able to rent this tool from you, if you are still ok with that come the time,  I will post up again , pm you,  when I am ready.

I attach a pic of the TESAM version of the tool, seems a little bit cruder in finishing.

Cheers.

S0000003_2.jpg

That's brilliant. Yes do contact me when you are ready.. happy to help. Really good detective work!!!

Bruno, Hi. 

Been thinking about this again, I know I am being a pleb, or I need more sleep, but I am finding it difficult to see how you press the old bushes out with this tool, were there instructions / "how to use" diagrams, can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks.

I just drilled the rubber with an half inch drill bit. Then a sawzall, cut the rubber all around. You're left with the metal sleeve, use a hacksaw blade, cut it once that will remove the pressure, then use whatever you have to remove it. Took me 10 minutes per bushings... Cheers 

Hi ABV-VR6, 

Thanks for that, its how I did my Control Arms many moons ago, so its always one to fall back on, takes care with the hacksaw, I did nick into one of the arms last time, but not badly, can't see it now.I probably could use my Dremel to cut of the angled protruding end and just treat as a normal bearing to remove by pushing out, cheers from across the pond!