Mr_Rossy

BBS RS301 - advice before sale

Hi guys, I want to sell my BBS RS301's (17" 5x100 obviously). They are currently spotless but painted centres in Mystic Blue to match my storm, the question is would it be better to get them repainted in silver standard or chrome powder coat to make a better price (or just leave them as is)?

Also any idea what to ask for them? I've had them for like 15 yrs and on the car no more than a week in that time, hence no clue on the price or desirability for current show cars.

Thanks for any good advice you might be able to offer.

Matt

Maybe try an advanced search on eBay to see what similar wheels are selling at - that should give you a rough ballpark figure.

As for the centre caps, I would say they would be easier to sell in the original colour - depends really on how much it would cost you to restore them.

I think you'll reach a better audience if you painted them silver. They're a desirable wheel worth a decent sum (£1.5k?)

I think you are right I need to get them restored as silver because the only others I can find for sale are silver and they were asking £3890 and some polished ones were €4200 🤪.

Utter bonkers! No wheels are worth that.

Wow! I was gonna say £2.5k. I wouldn't necessarily bother with the centre caps. It's very rare they become available in this fitment so it's certainly a seller's market and you'll likely have people biting your hand off anyway. It wouldn't make sense financially to do them as you'll probably still achieve the same price regardless.