Hutty

Michelin Stealth "Hybrid Wipers"

Anyone tried these on standard arms? They claim to be as good as modern flat style blades, but with conventional fitting.

My car is standard and I'd like to keep it that way, but the crap wipers and dim headlights often tempt me to modify!

TBH its not the wipers per se, its the tension in the arm, or rather lack of, which causes the wipers to lift at speed.  Hence people opting for the Lupo/TT conversion

The headlights can be improved by installing an uprated loom with relays - helps immensely

Edited by fla

Just thought I'd follow up to this. I took a gamble and fitted the Michelin Stealth blades on my standard wiper arms. Really pleased with the result; no juddering and a really good, clean wipe. Got them here...https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/vw-corrado-years-1988-to-1995-wiper-blades/michelin-stealth-msw12919-hybrid-wiper-blade-and-michelin-stealth-msw12919-hybrid-wiper-blade-twin-pack-wiper-blades

Are these any good when driven at speed? Mine are still standard and I am fighting to keep it that way

On 4/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Cressa said:

Are these any good when driven at speed? Mine are still standard and I am fighting to keep it that way

Cressa, I live in the sticks so haven't driven in the rain on dual carriageway/motorway yet. I'll let you know.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Cressa said:

stick some lupo's on there m8 - they are very much better than the OE arms

a fresh windscreen, lupo arms & new blades have transformed the wipe at all speeds & rain strengths on my VR6

4 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

stick some lupo's on there m8 - they are very much better than the OE arms

a fresh windscreen, lupo arms & new blades have transformed the wipe at all speeds & rain strengths on my VR6

I understand where Cressa is coming from with the need to keep it standard; I want to do exactly the same. You should have seen the hand-wringing going on in my house just to change a set of easily replaceable wiper blades! 

6 minutes ago, Hutty said:

I understand where Cressa is coming from with the need to keep it standard; I want to do exactly the same. You should have seen the hand-wringing going on in my house just to change a set of easily replaceable wiper blades! 

i get what you both mean with the standard part but honestly, once fitted i doubt anyone could tell they are lupo arms

i have had to go with wiper arm mounted washer jets too as there was no way i was going to cut the carbon fiber bonnet - now they are on they give a massively better wash of the screen compared to jets bouncing off the screen lol

21 minutes ago, Hutty said:

Carbon fibre bonnet??!! I take it the engine on yours isn't standard then?

ha ha Hutty - yes a carbon fibre bonnet 😄

engine has been breathed on slightly m8 - schimmel 263 cams, BMC CDA air filter, Stealth racing remap, Roose motorsport hoses & magnecor leads (bay pic is before the blue leads were fitted)

20200927_105647.jpg

20201121_131021.jpg

IMG_3578.JPG