mnmv12

Hella fog light covers

Has anyone fitted the Hella fog light covers sold by rdplastics on ebay. Are they any good? Are there any other alternatives?

The description is a bit confusing as it specifically states for phase 2/ face lift Corrado but also says "Warning: covers perfectly fit early model fog lights, fitment to late model fog lights is not confirmed."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143687271519

17 hours ago, mnmv12 said:

Has anyone fitted the Hella fog light covers sold by rdplastics on ebay. Are they any good? Are there any other alternatives?

The description is a bit confusing as it specifically states for phase 2/ face lift Corrado but also says "Warning: covers perfectly fit early model fog lights, fitment to late model fog lights is not confirmed."

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143687271519

i have the 3d printed ones which are off a guy on fb - they fit fine on my late VR & they are a good quality

VW Corrado VR6 G60 16V 8V Hella Fog Lamp Covers for Late Model | Etsy those ones

Thanks much appreciated, last time my VR was on the road you could still walk into a dealers and buy them, as they have survived 15 years in storage i am keen to protect them now its back on the road, especially as the roads around me are more like farm tracks these days. What about headlights are the heritage covers worth investing in or do they look naff, loads of pictures of the covers not so many with them fitted.

10 hours ago, mnmv12 said:

Thanks much appreciated, last time my VR was on the road you could still walk into a dealers and buy them, as they have survived 15 years in storage i am keen to protect them now its back on the road, especially as the roads around me are more like farm tracks these days. What about headlights are the heritage covers worth investing in or do they look naff, loads of pictures of the covers not so many with them fitted.

I have the Heritage clear headlight covers and would definitely recommend them. You dont notice them, easy to remove and cheaper than the stress of sourcing a replacement headlight glass. I will put a picture up today.

I also have the clear hella foglight covers which I got from Ebay.  I will check who from. A good tight fit, no cutting needed.

20200708_201831.jpg

20200708_201834.jpg

20200708_201530.jpg

20200708_201843.jpg

😱 I can't believe I paid this much for 2 pieces of plastic.... but way cheaper than a replacement foglight. 

From r+d but advertised as for a facelift phase 2 version

I would email them first to check, if you go down this route

Screenshot_20210520-073301_eBay.jpg

VW Heritage covers. I am very happy with them. Annavr6 sorted getting them made.  Quality

20210523_122830.jpg

20210523_122823.jpg