UKLonar

Wiper and washer woes

I'd recently discovered that my washer hose was perished going to the front, so I replaced this and for the sake of a tenner.. I replaced the pump too.

Whilst I was testing after fitting replacements, I can get fluid but using the wrong stalk function. Also, I think my wipers must have misaligned as they know hit each other... which is great fun.

So, if I pull the stalk now.. the front wipers wipe as intended but there's no fluid. I can however hear the pump working.

If I push the stalk, I get the front jets working lovely; so I know my new pump and hoses are working great. But no wiper.

What do we think is causing these problems?

For the washer function: It surely can't be the hoses fitted wrong on the pump; given you can't really mess this up. The connector is the old, two spade type too so that'll only go on one way.

For the wipers themselves, do we think this is alignment? I've ordered 2* drivers side TT arms to fit anyway.

Any help or guidance for next steps would be ideal. I'm hoping it's something simple.

Edited by UKLonar

Hoses the wrong way round?

For the wipers have a look at the rest position. I think with the tt wipers I fitted mine so they were both almost horizontal. 

Edited by fla

If the wipers at just touching when they're Parker, just remove the arms and realign. With the washer, have you touched the stalks/connectors? Is it worth reconnecting the original pump and seeing what happens. All seems a bit odd, but only thing I can relate it to was when I did my MFA stalk and somehow managed to reconnect it a pin out of line. Some of the options scrolled through iirc, but weren't showing the readings. 

7 minutes ago, fla said:

Hoses the wrong way round?

For the wipers have a look at the rest position. I think with the tt wipers I fitted mine so they were both almost horizontal. 

I can't see how I'd manage that. Unless the new pump is reversed in operation. I've got the fronts connected to the wing side outlet and rear on engine bay side outlet.

That's useful to know, I've bought "J hook" style arms, do you reckon I can just reuse my 19" corrado blades? 

9 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

If the wipers at just touching when they're Parker, just remove the arms and realign. With the washer, have you touched the stalks/connectors? Is it worth reconnecting the original pump and seeing what happens. All seems a bit odd, but only thing I can relate it to was when I did my MFA stalk and somehow managed to reconnect it a pin out of line. Some of the options scrolled through iirc, but weren't showing the readings. 

The drivers side smashes into passenger side mid swing then seats itself under passenger one when parked.. which isn't right.

I've not touched the stalks recently, they are a bit rubbish mind. But I've gotten used to this owning a Mk2 as well. I'll have a look at the stalks and connectors if an obvious fix isn't found though.