Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

What do you think?

Another example of Audioscape's fine craftmanship. Just look at that CNC engraved acrylic cover...... I absolutely love it :lol: And the best surprise was they made the cover for me for free, top top blokes :D

K

Yep. They've got an Oscilliscope and a real time analyser so we will have a play and optimise the bass to the car.

That cabinet was made and tuned specifically for the Corrado's acoustics.

It's a ported box with 10" SEAS lotus driver.

I've dynamatted the rear panel and layered some foam on top. I will also be dynamatting the rear quarters and behind the rear cards too.

The box including the cover was £50 and made on a CNC machine in Norwich.

Proper audio without going over the top and I've still got plenty of boot space :lol:

Does the weird shaped holes in front of the driver not cause "chuffing" (ahem) at high volumes? That's why most bass ports have rounded edges to allow the air to flow without causing distortion.

that looks pretty clean

Apart from the boot carpet! I've had the car 18 months and it's never been hoovered. I'm so lazy!

That's just the way I like it. 1 amp, 1 bass speaker and a pair of components :lol:

Does the weird shaped holes in front of the driver not cause "chuffing" (ahem) at high volumes? That's why most bass ports have rounded edges to allow the air to flow without causing distortion.

I don't know yet Matt as I haven't fired it up yet. We [me and Audioscape] don't think it will affect the sound but it can come off easily enough if it does. They threw the cover in for free as it was an experiment on their CNC machine. The reflex port behind the cover is an 'aero' port, so there shouldn't be any chuffing.

As you're into Audio, SEAS make the drivers for Monitor Audio, Bang & Olufsen, Meridian to name but a few, so me being me, that's what went in :lol:

Does the weird shaped holes in front of the driver not cause "chuffing" (ahem) at high volumes?

I think the amount of money he's spent, chuffing comes (ahem) as standard :lol:

Kev,

do you work in Colchester? and lunch at Tesco's????

I have seen a grey VR6 in the car park several times...

You install must sound very nice!!!

Indeed I do work in Colchester and I frequent the Highwoods Tescos more or less everyday. Mine is Ice Grey Violet with no VR6 badges on it, if that helps you spot it!

I see two other Corrados at Tescos regularly. A green 16V and a Blue 16V. Both have recently had new alloys fitted, 17s I think. A chap in the blue one acknowledged me a couple of weeks ago as I pulled into Tescos, was that you?

Or are you the Green valver man??? Next time you see me..... L xxx KBW, come and say hi and you can see the ICE for yourself!

K

I'm the blue 16V waving chap!!

I thought that might be you, i will pop over and say hello next time i see you there, so if you see someone loitering by your car its me, not someone trying to nick you install!!