jenkiam

Selling Advice

So, I need to sell my Storm but its Cat C & whilst that wasnt a particular problem to me I, sort of, understand why others might feel its a no-no. For me personally, I wouldnt buy a newish car with that category but for older, classic cars its probably had less bodywork done to it than some other restored cars on the road right now! I bought it based on the overall condition of the car & the amazing history that came with it.

What are my options here?

Option1: would an Autolign inspection to clear the HPI history make any difference out in the buying world? From my pov, I cant see it would make much difference as HPI is only 1 of the providers of car data & the V5 doesnt change.

Options 2: what price would encourage a buyer?

Option 3: if I cant sell at a half decent price then the nuclear option is to scrap it for parts - only (half) joking!

Opinions welcome 

12 minutes ago, jenkiam said:

So, I need to sell my Storm but its Cat C & whilst that wasnt a particular problem to me I, sort of, understand why others might feel its a no-no. For me personally, I wouldnt buy a newish car with that category but for older, classic cars its probably had less bodywork done to it than some other restored cars on the road right now! I bought it based on the overall condition of the car & the amazing history that came with it.

What are my options here?

Option1: would an Autolign inspection to clear the HPI history make any difference out in the buying world? From my pov, I cant see it would make much difference as HPI is only 1 of the providers of car data & the V5 doesnt change.

Options 2: what price would encourage a buyer?

Option 3: if I cant sell at a half decent price then the nuclear option is to scrap it for parts - only (half) joking!

Opinions welcome 

Personally I wouldn’t buy it for the position you’re in now.

do you have evidence of the damage prior to the repair?

cat c, d, s or n?

As Dox says do you have any images of the damage prior to repair?  I think this would carry a fair amount of weight espcially if the repair was carried out well and the car has subsequently had many successful MoTs.  

Cat D used to be for things like broken headlight, dents or paint repair of expensive finishes. I think you could expect a slight reduction in value against a non-cat car, but if you can demonstrate that its all safe and pukka it shouldn't be an issue to the right type buyer., ie no tyre kickers.  

I think if you don't need to sell hold off until the economic environment improves. You're in a tricky spot selling now - hardly anyone wants a cat rated car, unless it is dirt cheap, corrados have a very small market at the best of times and most people are holding on to their cash for though times.

Otherwise the price needs to be around 6k to attract a buyer in the current market and because of the cat status.

I 100% agree that your car is likely to have had less bodywork than most renovated cars but it is what it is :(

Probably not what you wanted to hear. Bear in mind corrados do tend to sit on the market for weeks or months. Auction is usually the best place to sell them but not sure of cat rated ones will get the bidding war needed to secure a great price.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using Tapatalk