Sign in to follow this  
karmannG60

New clutch

What kind of clutch do you recomend, been searching alot and see that most corrado drivers use Sachs...

Well i need a new clutch badly, and i'm thinking of a performance one that can handle lots of torqe and that gives me alot of muscles to my left thigh :lol:

Please direct me to an online-store that sell performance clutches for a ok price.

Thanks!

SACHs are pretty good. I had one put in my VR6 a month or so ago. They seem a lot lighter than the factory fit LUK ones, but mine was pretty worn though!

From reading some posts on here, it seems a standard VR clutch has all the strength you'll need. 'Power' clutches aren't much stronger than standard. It's the 'Sporting' clutches that are made to handle big power. Brands such as Helix Autosport, SACHs & AP racing all make such clutches. Helix use a SACHs sporting pressure plate and there own friction material (less generous than standard though) and they are heavy and expensive, £350 plus.

Kev

I'd agree with Kev I ve had a sachs clutch in my car for 2 1/2 years now and touch wood it's still going strong it's had a very hard life to say the least all theose days up at santa pod dumping the clutch at 4000revs and its on a standard clutch none of this high performance sh*t that aen't any stronger just more expensive!!! mine cost me £140 all in which was pretty good |I think!!