mnmv12

VR6 springs

Hi

I’m after a pair of original pre 94 VR6 springs if anyone has any or knows of anyone who might have. 1 green paint mark and 2 brown. Part number 535411105A. New or used.

Thanks

All right mate,

I've got a pair off a crashed '92 corrado that have been sitting since the end of '92..

Car had only done 19.000km's..

I'll check the paint marks and get back to you.

cheers.

Cheers mate, fingers crossed the ones I tried to order from VW classic were described as 310 long and 145mm diameter.
When I restored the suspension a few years ago I mistakenly ordered springs for a car with air con/auto gearbox which were 340 long(4 brown marks) and the ride height is too high at the front. I really don’t want to fit lowered springs, the roads are too bad round here, either that or I’m getting too old.

Edited by mnmv12
Grammar

There were two different sets of spring heights for the VR that changed around 93. Customers were complaining about the front catching kerbs and the splitter scraping on car park ramps, so they raised them a bit and fitted the 50mm splitter - hence the famous 4WD stance

My car is an early 1993 and had the factory springs and shocks still fitted at 36k, and didn’t exhibit the high ride height that the later cars are known for.

I'm interested in info on stock springs. I'm wanting to refresh my car and perhaps leave it stock but don't want to end up with the later lofty ride height.

I'm pretty sure mine is earlier style as doesn't appear to be as high (early 94 car, 5 pin maf, 90mm splitter).

I havent come across the part no on OPs post before so perhaps they are the earlier style spring, I have seen 357411105A mentioned for Corrado VR6 on parts diagrams which is perhaps the later spring.

Anyone know anything about the rears? I had thought before reading this thread that is was the rears vw raised on later cars but perhaps not the case.

Sent from my SM-G990B2 using Tapatalk

Parts seem to list only one number for the rear, but 4 variations for the front, depending on year, aircon etc.

This should give you the part#s and paint marks.

vr6-springs-front.JPG

vr6-springs-rear.JPG

Hope this helps with your quest - I run Bilstein B6 with H&R -25mm springs, and the ride is nearly standard with plenty of give. I'm not sure if you can still get all the standard parts, but for shocks, the B4 ones are an exact match for factory, and black to boot.

Edited by fendervg

I see that VW classic have now removed 535411105A from their website and I guess  that is why Heritage refunded me although they never bothered to give a reason.
The springs I fitted  by mistake for an early VR6 with air on/auto were 191411105AF and are still available.

The Eibach Pro Spring  have a height of 315 which is pretty much the same as the standard early VR6 spring I am after but it has 8 coils instead of 7 so probably sits a little lower. This is probably the route I will go down if I can’t find a set of originals.

It could be worth having a good trawl with the part number you're after online - sometimes Classic Parts stock gets bought up in quantity by aftermarket resellers and appears on fleabay etc.