Sign in to follow this  
VR6

New suspension - possible group buy

Right, think it's about time to sort out the handling on my VR.

From general opinions, I have decided on the FK konig-summat coilovers.

Questions though:

1) Best (and cheapest) place to buy from - preferably online??

2) Worth getting new top-mounts whilst I'm at it? Worth replacing any other (cheapish) parts whilst I'm at it?? Car is 40k so most parts are probably standard from new and therefore 10 years old.

3) Anyone else interested in the same kit if I can get a price as close to £500 as possible and organise a group buy??

Cheers

Tom,

From posts I have seen on the eGroup, when swapping out suspension its definately worth ditching the top mounts for new ones. They may have only done 40k, but they are still around 8 or 9 years old. Definately worth swapping.

Tom,

From posts I have seen on the eGroup, when swapping out suspension its definately worth ditching the top mounts for new ones. They may have only done 40k, but they are still around 8 or 9 years old. Definately worth swapping.

Cheers Jim, that was pretty much going to be on the cards.

Yeah, my point was that they may only have 40k on them but 9 years will still take it's toll.

Was looking for opinions on whether it was worth replacing anti-roll bars etc whilst I was at it.

vr6 i ya want to do group bu on the fk's speak to yaash he will sort it @ the best price for you...

Darren - been on the ale mate? :) Yeah I am actaully sorting something with Yaash at a good price (even for one kit!).

Chris :D!

I would be interested - not at £500 though.... the CCGB guys got the same kit cheaper.....

I have eibach arb`s on mine with fk`s but if you`re going from std suspension to fk coilovers i would try it first and see how you like it, there will be a major improvement over your old gear. I would replace at least your front wishbone bushes with poly bushes though, and of course the front top mounts.

HTH

Scott - I don't think the CCGB boys got them much cheaper than £500 tbh. Been speaking with the guy that organised it (nice chap that he is!) and I think he said they had about 11 in the group-buy.

baz - Cheers think I might do that - any recommendations on where to buy from?

I got my Fk's from the original group buy (through ASIM) - they were NOT cheaper than £500 - pretty close though :wink:

I would definetely replace the top mounts and bearings (ask Asim for the Word doc that has all the part numbers).

Polysport wishbone bushes are also well worth doing as well to get the best out of the new setup (get them from rally design http://www.raldes.co.uk/ - ask for the MK2 Golf ones).

ARB bushes I'm not sure about - I changed mine for standard ones as I heard they are quite good anyway.

HTH

Mark

I would be up for a set of the fk coilovers tom once I've sold me scirroco which looks quite promising as I've already had 6 phone calls on it. Not bad as it's only been advertised for 12hrs :D I thought I maybe asking too much for it but maybe not if it;s already had this much interest :D let me know what yaash can do them for us. I know of another place that deals in fk's direct from germany so might be a bit cheaper you never know!! :D

Ok so that's a possible 3 including me at the moment.

I think the ccgb got them for about £520 for a group of about 11.

I think I can get them for about that price for even a small group.

How much can you do them for Ant?? MSN?

Would be cool if Darren could get them for a good price.. have a group fitment day up at PD Motorsport :)

Yeah great Jim! :roll: lol!

Cost me as much again to get down there and back! :D

im sorry guy i cant get fk's in as there are to many people selling them at the moment ! if its fk's you want carry on negotiating with yaash as he we do you proberly the best price if buying them from the uk..

we could fit them all for you guys though and have a little bbq @ the same time..?

Ok, Darren - I'll email you a map to Fraggle Rock? :lol:

How high are speed bumps btw?

VR6, I got my FK`s from pitstop just before the group buy was arranged :x paid £585. I did get a price from yaash at the time which was around £600

Be carefull if you order poly bushes from rally design as they only do the golf mk2 bushes, these will fit the 16v and g60 but i`m not sure about the VR, apart from that rally design are great, very good prices and excellent service. :)

Ant & Scott

I am ordering mine soon - are you interested? If so, please either see me on MSN or email/pm me for details.

Will probably order on Monday..........and the price isn't too far off £500 btw.

Hi,

I've currently got a Koni/Eibach top adjustable setup (lowered 30mm on 17"s) which I hate, I used to love B roads but I avoid at all costs now. I'm really eager to change, the only alternative I'd heard of for improved ride quality was the H&R coilovers, are the FK's better?

Leavon.

Icegrey violet 94 VR6.

i found the h&r's not as refined as the fk's as the fk's use the koni adj dampers where as the h&r's are non adjustable...

my 2p's worth anyway

H&R is allso in a version available in wich you can adjust height... next step is height and stiffness adjustment...

no one has thought about KW variante 2 or 3 ?????