Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Feeling hot hot hot.....

Finally got the engine up and running last night, and it's running sweetly!! Tappets were noisy to start with, but once the oil thinned out and actually got into them they've now quietened right down, so thats cool.

So what I'm wondering is what a normal temp range for the 16v is?

On the journey in today which was M25, so a fair bit of stop/start then a nice open A road blat into work once I'm off the motorway. It got up to 114deg, then cooled again as I drove, but when I stopped it went back up there.

The water temp went just above the big white line between 70 and 110deg so I'd guess about 105deg or so?

What does everyone elses run at???

Trust me - if you worry about the temps on a VR6 - you will worry even more with a K jet 16v in a Corrado - they get VERY hot! :lol:

My old one (minter) used to stay at 90deg C on motorway will oil around 110-116degC.... in traffic water temp nearly always went up to 100deg - 105deg.... hot day would see 110degC.... also saw oil temp of 124degC on a hot summer day....

Nowt to worry about... as long as lights dont start flashing *:)

Excellent, thats the kind of news I like!!

I'll continue to keep an eye on it as I'm super paranoid at the moment as the new engine's only done 30 miles in the car now.

All seems good tho!!

:D :D 8)

Mine used to do that too, exactly the temps you quote. Only problem I found was that the engine could start to 'pink' when it got very hot. Though I am using 95 RON petrol being the cheapskate I am (Can't get optimax here and 97 RON is so expensive - and car runs fine until it gets to 105 deg+).

So I put a low temp thermoswitch in. Doesn't go above 95 now. OK the thermostat and fan work a bit harder, but no problems so far.

Cool.

I've been driving it about a fair bit now, both sitting in traffic and at 100mph (on private roads of course ;)) and it tends to get to 110 then back down to 106 or so. Max so far is 116, but it didn't stay there for long, so I guess it's under control.

Might well get a low temp thermoswitch... Take it thats for the radiator to turn it on sooner....