Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

Me uncles just bought a VRS

uncles just bought a skoda octavia VRS :mrgreen: , havent had a chance to go out in it yet but i know theyre pretty rapid,, looks like i will need an sns chip and a pulley and some red tops afterall, cant have him being faster than me,,, just hope that will be enough!!

anyone on here had a vrs experience? :?:

Problem is, being the trusty 1.8T, a simple rechip will see him recoup oodles of BHP and torque.

G60's might struggle a little against this car! :(

Yeah big fan of them - they look fantastic.

I laugh at the people who apparently still can't see past the Skoda badge - both the Octavia and Fabia VRS's look superb :)

My mate has got an 02-reg Octavia RS and, quick though it is, he still got out-paced significantly by a Corrado VR6 on the A47 a few weeks ago.

The Octavia is still a gorgeous motor. If you squint at it from the side it looks a bit like a BMW!

first time i saw one i had a second and third look - skoda means vw nowadays, just simply nice motor

My VR6 Storm was a trade-in at a Skoda garage 2 years ago.

The owner of the Storm (95k miles/7years) traded it in for an Octavia RS.

This is offthread but may be of interest, too.

In June 1995 he traded in his Jan 1993 Scirroco GT2 with 33k miles for the new Storm.

He got £6500 for the Scirroco and the Storm cost £24474 including mats, window etching, etc.

I know all this because with the Corrado he handed over to the Skoda garage a box file holding (probably) every bit of paper concerning the car, and I inherited the box file with the C.