Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

9 x 15 / 16 wheels... what tyres?

Hi all,

now I'm back in 'keep my Corrado & spend more cash on it' mode, I'm looking at lowering it & reverting back to 15's or maybe 16's, (it's on 8 x 17's at the mo, & is a pretty hard ride even on standard suspension!). I'd like some phat 9 x15s but would like to know if the original 205 50/15 tyres I have on my speedlines would be ok to use? & which tyres would be best if I plump for 9 x 16's?

Cheers,

Robbo

I'm runnin 205/40/16's on my 9x16 brocks. I ran 215/40/16's on my last set that were on a mk2 golf but there was too much tyre if you know what i mean.

the 205's are obviously stretched but they get plenty of stick off me and have never popped of the rim or turned inside out :shock:

here's a pic of my rim, ooer :wink:

hutchy.

Bournemouth 20VT James, - yep :)

i'm having a few issues at the moment with the right rear arch, i'm tryin to get them level but as low as possible. i'm thinking about investing in a kidney belt as well coz i'm taking a right beating on bumpy roads :wink:

The rear supersports are spun all the way to the last 1-2 threads, the fronts are about four fifths of the way down but the gap from arch to tyre is about 7mm on the front and -2mm on the back :roll:

I didn't shell out on coilovers to sit at 60mm :D