Sign in to follow this  
slot

Tyre size ?

Just dropped me car on eibach's , (not sure of the drop) ? :?

Anyway just woundering if 205/50/16 tyres wound fit under the arches , reason being there £15 cheaper a corner from me local rubber fitter ??? :roll:

Cheers :oops:

I don't know if you can or not, but if you're putting 16's on, surely you want to have a lower profile tyre to keep the rolling radius the same?

Yeh looked at that tyre link that works your radius thinky out !

It said at 60 mph the clock would show 63 mph !

I'm just thinking of the clearance more than anything , with the suspention drop !

saying that the clocks probably way out now because i've got 205/55/16 , straight off the mk4 golf !! :|

I had 215/40R16 on 16 inch rims and it can be drpppoed lower without problems. The rims were 7x16 ET 43 BBS RX2

Did you get any tramlining from the 215 section tyres? And ET43 with 215s? Didn't you get any inner arch rubbing? I'd have thought ET38 would be more appropriate? Sorry, not teaching you to suck eggs, just interested........

The :wink: wheels were off a Golf MK3 Anni. Fitted with Toyo Proxes. They were firstly on a friends Corrado VR6 and then mine they fitted without any problems and drove well too. I'm recalling the Et as 43 but i'm getting old so stand to be corrected

Nice one, I was considering going 215 if/when I get 17s or 16s to put some more rubber on the road.......sounds like it would work.