Sign in to follow this  
CHRISVR6

Lowered VR6? probs

i bought my VR6 lowered and it seem to hit the exhaust when i go tight round corners, as its the standard exhaust and runs over the rear beam can you get an aftermarket one to run anywhere else? and has anyone else had this problem? cheers :D

You need to do two things Chris. Buy a new exhaust hanger. Very cheap. And then if you like attach a piece of rubber

around the crossmember. I've cut an old foot mat in the past and then tywraped it onto the crossmember at the area under

the exhaust. This will stop the knocking from the back.

You could un-lower it.... (Radical I know, but it's beginning to look like the unique corrados are the ones on standard suspension!) ;)

You could un-lower it....

huh....i dont understand....u.n.l.o.w.e.r...... nope, cant get it...even asked a couple guys here at work at they were as stumped as it was!!! :lol: :lol:

back ON TOPIC..... i have this problem aswell but im getting a new exhaust fitted 11th sept and i'll get him to make sure there is no knocking before i leave the garage :)