Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

nana mans ever ending G60 problem list

Right here goes the engine runs sweet as a nut now but everytime you start it it revs upto 2.5k revs and then slowly drops ( 10-15 secs) to 1200 revs. I put it on the co meter to get the emmisions correct, but when I went to adjust the co pot nothing was making any difference whichever way I turned it so I disconnected it and made no difference on the co meter or the engine revs ( which it used to!) so my assumption was that it wasn't working but when I tested the resistance over pins 1 and 3 on it, it was altering the resistance.as I was turning it. I then plugged in the air/fuel gauge to see what the lambda was reading and it wasn't cycling like it used to when at idle I thought this was duff so replaced it with a new lambda and made NO difference at all. Then I came across another problem it seems that the throttle bodie micro switches aren't working as when you rev the car it takes ages for the revs to come back down and I ve tried 2 throttle bodies on it now! I ve taken all the plugs off to the relevant items that aren't working and tested them for current and it appears that there isn't any current going through them so either this is all 1 big related problem or I have multiple small problems I dont know ANYONE got any ideas????? I thought all these were controlled purely by the ecu but I ve tried the other ecu I have borrowed on it as well and has made no difference!!

Right I found a broken wire ( ground wire) to the throttle bodie switches and they are now working correctly by the looks of things and I now have a 5volt current passing through the co pot but that still isn't functioning properly asd the co mixture or the revs dont change at all when you disconnect the plug and the lambda has battery voltage across the plug pins but it still isn'r cycling on the air/fuel gauge but now all the leds on it are lit up so something is still playing silly buggers. Oh and it still starts at 2.5k everytime you start the engine so really I haven't solved anything

Bl*&dy corrado!!!!! :? :? :? :cry:

Problem resolved :D :D :D it was a couple of breaks in the the brittle wiring loom to the blue temp sensor after all that :roll: Oh well thats one less thing to worry about I guess :D now I might be able to carry on putting it back together :D

Problem resolved :D :D :D it was a couple of breaks in the the brittle wiring loom to the blue temp sensor after all that :roll: Oh well thats one less thing to worry about I guess :D now I might be able to carry on putting it back together :D

i think you owe me a beer for disrupting my sunday too... 8)

Its amazing what that blue sensor does for the engine, i´ve just changed mine, car seems faster, and startes much faster in the morning. IE crank time is shorter!!