Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

With Boost Return removed

Been trying to persuade myself to get a boost return kit for the car. Thought I would try a home made attempt first to see how I liked the noise, psstt!!! etc.

The psstt!!! is great but I'm not too sure about the continuous noise that there is when not on positive boost. It sounds almost like a grinding/sqeeky disc brake. I left the 90 degree bend on the underneath of the TB pointing towards the rear of the engine. I have now turned this round but haven't been out in the car to see if that helps.

Anyone got any other ideas to reduce the noise? or is it just the downside of removing the boost return. I'm sure I could get used to it, but its just a little annoying especially when shifting down gears to slow done.

Cheers

Timo.

Could try running a hose to the underneath of your car, run a long hose from tb to under side of car. i did this made it a bit better, but the noise still pis*ed me off so it went back on but i still used a catch tank for breather. :)

I have the boost return kit from Darren at G-werks. The slight grinding like noise is a little annoying but to an extent I think adds to the uniqueness (is that a word??) of the noise from a powerful engine Bearing in mind all the other mods that darren did (and a great job by the way!!).

I think the boost let off noise after hard accelaration as your leaving behind some boy racer is all worthwhile! I've had it on 2 weeks and the amount of comments about it is great!

Aiii, need to get the kit ordered from Darren. I'll probably get used to the noise. A long pipe sounds like a good move, gonna have to be a rather big one though. Does the G-werks kit come with the pipe for bypass valve?

cheers guys

Timo.

Timo mate don't won't to take any business away from Darren, but i have blanking plate and k&n filter for oil breather you can have for next to nothing.

Timo mate don't won't to take any business away from Darren, but i have blanking plate and k&n filter for oil breather you can have for next to nothing.

SOLD.......... I'll have it!!! 8)

How much? Send me you details and i'll send you a cheque or some other form of payment if you prefer (i.e. paypal etc).

Cheers man

Timo

Yeah ok mate say £5 for blanking plate and £10 for k&n filter plus postage £20 how's that sound? if thats ok pm me with details thanks. :)

Kinda sorted the annoying noise now. It took me two attempts to make up some pipework from the bypass valve. The first one I tried literally blew up :roll: , due to the bit of rubber pipe I used was a little weak!! :wink:

Anyway I now have the mkll version on with a massive pipe. There is alot of pressure in that system 8) . It now makes a nice whistle noise whilst driving along and slowing down and still quite a nice "psstt" when changing gear under some serious acceleration.

My thanks to g-master, for the blanking plate and filter. Engine bay looks that little bit sweeter now :mrgreen:

Ta

Timo.

perhaps a little. It helps to keep the air intake temp down a little and the warmer recycled air isn't going back into the charger.

The oil breather isn't polluting the intake air, which again must help with the performance.

I wouldn't say there was any really noticable difference but I do think its a worthy modification and it makes sense doing it!!

Timo.