Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Filling Up Petrol

i fill up my tank and it only fills to abt £25 and keeps clicking off. ive waited few mins and dripped some more oin coz i know it aint full and the pump keeps clicking off. so i get in and my cars still got one notch left from being full up and this happens every time WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG PLZ HELP

Try angling the pump to the left 45 degrees before you start filling up. Either that, or just dont put too much pressure on the pump (ooer) and let it fill up slowly.

I used to have a nightmare trying to fill up my Corrado.. especially when I was using Shell Optimax. The pump always used to keep clicking off like it was full, regardless of how much petrol I had put in. A pain in the neck!!

i done all the agles with very low pressure IVE treated my bitch (corrado) as a lady and its still not happy might have to have a affair with a skyline

how many miles are you getting to a tank on average driving, and could your fuel gauge be fu*ked

Mind you I live near gibralter and can fill my tank for about £20 thats about 60-65 liters depending on how empty it was!! LOL

i like in sussex and i swear £25 aint enuff to fill up the tank lol used to be abt £37 on a 2.0 s16

My 92 is the same, only takes about £30 to fill from the line just above the red one. Supposed to have a 12 gallon tank which works out at 54.55 litles (uk gallon) or 45.42 litres (us gallon). Depending on petrol prices (74.9p a litre) you get £41 to fill or £34 so mabye the G60's have a non uk gallon petrol tank!

WHOS GOT A G60 IN THE UK AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO FILL UP should be a more specific question i think

okay next time fill up the motor then fill up one of those cans then fill up the tank more and see if you can overflow the tank

early >91 tanks are 50L

92> are 70 L

i was thiking abt filling up the car driving for abt 2 miles and popping back . coz the juice wouldnt gone down the pipes and settled

NO but i try to fill up with BP or sainsburys i know they are cheap but i used to get really good MPG on old cars with sainsburys and they sell sandwhices and biscuits and cakes in the garage ...SORRY jus being greedy again

Mabye, just mabye, the guage isn't all that accurate. I mean, I don't like to let my petrol get too low and perhaps there is more in the tank than you think? Just a thought. I usually fill up at 'burys so I can get mucho Nectar points.

right i think ur right COZ the guage moves faster and faster towards the bottom BUT when i have a 1/4 left is lats for ages before going to red.... THINK about that one for a mind game...i think its coz i have 17's which might have affected something but i doubt it much

well (school boy mode on), i was here first, i was here first, i was here first! (Schoolboy mode off) I'll cahnge mine if I can get a pic of my car on there. I'll admit, it can get confusing.

About the fuel guage, it is kind of a logarithmic scale. Full tank is 12 gallons, half a tank is 6 gallons (A+) but half a tank is indicated by 7 gallons I think! I wouldn't mind a petrol warning light! :p

im with biggrim waiting to get my car to actually work as a lil pic or what i really want is my car bouncing like a lo rider but i dont know how to get the animinated gif files

IVE SORTED MY AVATAR only to keep ur lovelies as friends and biggrim that pic is crap anyways :lol:

Cheeky Monkey! Changed mine as you can see. took me a while to fig it out. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this mystery. What about setting up a poll. How much to fill yer G60?

yeah could be a great idea but im more concerned at the moment why my avatar aint workin