Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Filling Up Petrol

Sweet ride! What kind of front bumper is that and how much did it cost ya? Needing something different for mine and I like the look of that one.

reiger fron grille is abt 130 from awesome gti and bumper is import for abt 270 they on order atm i aint got em either lol

I always used to have probs with sainsbury's pumps - either clicking off or not working at all...

I try to use optimax whenever possible now as i get better peformance and better MPG (above the additional cost) and never have probs,

I wait until the gauge is in the red (just) and fill the tank full (15 Gallons total) this is usually about 65 ltrs and costs approx £50.

My G60 has a dodgy fuel gauge, i put some injector cleaner in once and tried to use up most of the petrol, the gauge showed empty but i was still able to do 30 miles!!

look under tyhe car, when i first started driving i had a mk2 fiesta. mine would take £20 to fill. while the one my missus used to own took £30 to fill. upon looking under the car. it looked like someone had jacked it up on the tank and put a huge dent in the bottom of the tank!!!!

jim

done the injector cleaner made not diff just had a full on service recently too....does optimax cost the earth???

Seems to be a problem with the G60, cause mine the same reads empty but takes round about £30 to fill it from red. Do about 10 miles and the gauge reads about 3 gallon used, so thinking the gauges on these early cars are crap. Should do 300 miles at least with steady driving.

Could do with finding out wether people with old 16v have the same problem. Or someone running theres till dry to see how far they get, not a good idea though.

i get bout 57 squid in a tank.

says 15 gallons. reck bout 70 litres full.

got to inters and back on a tank, 588miles round trip :D

WHAT U GUYS REOMMEND IM THIKING OF CHANGING THE FUEL NEEDLE SYSTEM ON THE DASH 1ST THAN ATTACKING THE ACTUAL FUELING SYSTEM. HAS ANYONE DONE ANY OF THIS B 4 AND HOW EASY OR COMPLEX IS IT TO DO

My best so far on me 2.0 16v is 452miles without filling up!!!! i'm happy with that!!! it is :D