Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Dash swap!

Was thinking of swapping my grey dash for a black one to match the colour of the car. Any ideas how easy/hard it'll be and if I'll be able to get a dash for relatively cheap? Cheers everybody

Just read a link about removing the dash and it looks like a complete pain in the ar$e to get out never mind putting another one in! Might just leave it for now. Cheers though Joe M

Does anyone know how easy it would be to fit a late spec dash into an early spec car? Got a 92 G60 with early dash and would like to fit a complete working late spec dash but don't know if the heater dials will work and stuff like that. If I knew I could get everything to work and get a complete black dash, I would consider doing it. Is it something that I could do myself and will everything just plug in where the old stuff was?

did it in mine and didn't find it too bad to be honest - couldn't detail the steps from memory - the only big issue was two retaining nuts which we didn't trace and found were only accessible from the engine bay but not very easy to spot without instruction. Apart from that didn't find any great issues.....

Harra forgot to mention that we had to cut & weld the bracket behind the centre consoul to make it fit but it did take 4 hours or so, out & in. took 3/4 of an hour to find the 2 hidden bolts :lol:

Chris

Be dedicated and it'll be alright, just don't use a crow bar or a hammer!!!

Be dedicated and it'll be alright, just don't use a crow bar or a hammer!!!

I wish I'd have had that advice when I fitted my MKI with a 16V engine and MK2 dash! :lol: