Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Electric Windows problem

Passenger window not working... took the pass door apart tonight to have a look. bit confused now.

only 2 wires going to the motor. using a screwdriver with a bulb in it to check the curent i tested both wires with ignition on.

black live

striped not

press the up button

black went out

striped went live

press the button down

nothing on either wire.

im not really sure what should happen but it sounds like either the window control unit or the wiring to me??? an advice?

ta

in case u find out u need a new motor...or anything from the passenger door. I have the lot. My numbers in the sales section mate. thanks...and good luck!

Sanj. :)

will an american window control unit work the same in the uk car...just thought id check..

oh and any more info about that possible switch fault? would it stop both switches working?

I haven't aquainted myself with the way the electrical side of the windows works yet but it sounds like the motor is earthed to the chassis and the two wires are your up and down live feeds, so one going live, then the other sounds correct, but obviously on one of the directions you're not getting power at all.

Sounds like one of the relays in the control box is dead.

Have a look at corrado-club.com, pretty sure there's a write up on there about it.....

hmmm. couldnt see anything on corrado club .com...

so can you replace the window relays separately or do you have to change the whole control unit does any one know?