Sign in to follow this  
Blinky16v

EcoTek CB-26P

I read in mags they work, but ppl on the net have slagged them as worthless, i d have to try it myself to believe it to be honest

I tried a second hand one out, in fact it's still shut off in the engine bay, there's no benefit whatsoever - and everytime i stopped at the traffic lights my car sounded like it was farting.

Bunch of ass, clever marketing tho

Had one in the past and yeah they're pap.

Where car tuning is concerned, always compare claimed benefits against cost of the mod.

Extracting more power and economy is never cheap, so don't be fooled by marketing hype.

Kev is that your old motor there?

I recognise the Inlet manifold. I didnt know you sold it back to Stealth

Nah that's Vince's old Atlas grey MK2 16V T......a local company to Stealth used to powder coat the manifolds for us.

This is my old engine :lol:

All 12 of Stealth's turbo conversions got the blue manifold :wink:

It was indeed nice.... still miss it actually.

I sold it to a guy from Birmingham in the end and he's put a full width IC on it and a bigger turbo. Kicks out 260 brake now! Not bad for an 1800 16V with fixed timing and fuelling!

John Reay owned it originally but I knew him when he had it built, so didn't take much persuasion when he offered it to me :lol:

Cheers for the feedback guys, di you chaps who actually fitted this unit add the air filter as well?

I didn't fit the filter, i'm looking at taking it off mine when i get the time to

Do these things need setting up correctly to work properly?, I've seen them before and was considering them, just need to find out if they actually work. :roll:

Sundodger

sundodger - THEY DON'T WORK

principle is they introduce "disturbed" air into the manifold, which contains "excited" air molecules promoting a cleaner burning/ energy packed charge - absolute codgers... one little valve allowing air into the manifold when the vacum rises only serves to make a sucking sound and mess with the air flow and instruments which control the engine management.

like i said above clever marketing, i phoned TSR about them when I got offered mine and he practically bit my head off - they'd had them on the rolling road and couldn't find any improvement whatsoever.

in case others haven't read this guys work yet........

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cains1/Fue ... ecotek.htm

personally I think the chap is fairly well qualified to comment on the product's abilities:

' I studied Engineering at Churchill College, Cambridge and then worked for several years for Rover. Since 1999 I have been employed by Bosch, working on petrol engine management systems, but spend most of my time at Cosworth Technology in Northampton....'

Also interesting to see that he had to remove the pages from the web following legal threats from Ecotec, but is now back up due to Ecotec being unable to substantiate their grievances against the author.

..... where do I buy one? :)