Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

Carbonio Cai has anyone got one?

Just fitted mine tonight, not very impressed, pain to fit and sounds pants. I wouldn't bother if I was you mate. I'm going back to standard airbox and K+N panel filter with plastic bung removed from front of airbox, sounds much better.

Reckon the Turn 2 CAI or the BMC are the way to go... expensive though. Have considered making one myself, but dunno where to get hold of the right length bits of aluminium :?

BMC gets my vote. It has a very unique sound and those that don't like excessive induction roar will be pleased to hear it has stock noise levels off the cam and on part throttle, but open her up and you get a muted, mechanical growling that sounds just like a 6 cylinder TVR engine, but not excessively loud.

To get a noticable difference from an air filter you need to spend a bit of money and the air sucked in through the filter is only as good as the amount the throttle body and inlet valves let in, so I'd stick with a stock box if you're engine is plain standard.

If you've got 268 cams, VGI manifold and enlarged throttle body, then a BMC is going to make a big difference, otherwise a few ponies at the most. BMC claim about 7hp but I think that's a little over optimistic on a standard engine.

Just fitted mine tonight, not very impressed, pain to fit and sounds pants. I wouldn't bother if I was you mate. I'm going back to standard airbox and K+N panel filter with plastic bung removed from front of airbox, sounds much better.

Cheers Greegs i'll think again now :wink: