Sign in to follow this  
CoxyLaad

It Lives!!!!!!

Get in you big hairy bastaad!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am as happy as a german in a sausage factory :)

I have it running currently with the downpipes and the mk4 cat pipe only (the exhaust stops under the front seats somewhere)

and I have never heard anything like it!!! (as you can tell I am a bit chuffed :) )

My mate tried to get a sound clip of the car so I can put it on the forum but he must have had his phone a bit too close to the car end cos when I blipped the throttle it crashed and locked up lol! stand further back next time :D

The only way I can describe it is that its like a vr but with a harder note to it, possibly higher pitchd and dare I say it in a ferrari screaming type of way (yeah I'll shut up) Its still got the smooth creamy note but its sort of comparable to the difference between an 8v and 16v motor.....I am rambling now so I am off to tidy the garage up :-)

Heres a pic for the hell of it, sound or a movie to follow :shock:

Liking the sound of this a lot!

Movie / sounds ASAP - and thats an ORDER!! :D

bloody hell quick replies!

Yes I have been dancing about like a child on christmas day - I cant contain myself :D

I will get a movie clip tomorrow.

dunno how it will translate onto movie cos its immensly loud but i'll give it a go!

(the neighbours are loving me lol)

Excellent, great news. Hearing the engine running always raises moral when doing a conversion of that magnitude :lol:

I am somewhat dismayed to see a coffee cup there instead of a bottle of Bud though :wink:

I never start work on a car unless there is a 6 pack and a pack of 20 to hand :lol:

Excellent, great news. Hearing the engine running always raises moral when doing a conversion of that magnitude :lol:

I am somewhat dismayed to see a coffee cup there instead of a bottle of Bud though :wink:

I never start work on a car unless there is a 6 pack and a pack of 20 to hand :lol:

Ya know what? If I didn't know you I would've thought that you're joking.

I actually got sent round the corner to get more beer though!!! :lol:

damm i want a 24v lump now

it seems to go in to easily :(

hehe thats a joke right?!

yes I have to confess I was getting a bit lost off with the thing, but hearing the thing run for the first time is something else!

I almost wet myself!

Nope at teh moment its only running as in engine working. I could drive it about but I would be getting a lot of sparks of the prop which is currently hanging down, oh and I have no brakes at all :? so I wouldnt make it to the end of my drive before ploughing into a field lol

But it wont be long now though, my main obsticle is going to be getting the fuel tanks made up.

only kidding mate lol

its just my dream corrado is to be a V6 3.2 24v Twin T4 turbo 700 bhp on min boost with 4x4

thats all lol

but im glad to hear ur happy to see it run

im still waiting to hear mine run :(

well if i started to do that i wouldnt have a place to live lol

im trying to buy my first house and not findin it easy in london so the £10000 i could throw at that engine is going into a deposite hence why ive just gone for the supercharged 16v route :D

Well done mate - can't wait to hear this thing..........did Andy manage to sort the wiring side then?.....

(I'm sort of tempted now to do the 24v into my mk2 rather than the VR - what with you and Phatty leading the 24v revolution!!................decisions, decisions....)

:twisted: :mrgreen:

Yeah andy is the wiring king!

He is a legend, I would have struggled to get the engine running with standard ecu setup, and even andy had a few issues so if I did it on my own I would have struggled and it would have extended my build time considerably.

I am so tempted to fix the brakes and get it out fr a blat :-) oh the noise :twisted:

(I'm sort of tempted now to do the 24v into my mk2 rather than the VR - what with you and Phatty leading the 24v revolution!!................decisions, decisions....)

Given that you are starting from scratch and have already got a 24V engine ( I undertstand) the decision seems simple. 24V makes sense from where i'm standing.....

you running it on original ECU??? and im guessing the inlet flap works aswell???

or can u get away with running a VR6 ECU and Loom on a 24v lump?? with a remap??

Cheers ruffy, I am like a proud dad lol :D

APG no this is full on mk4 ecu and Drive By Wire throttle.

I dont mess about me y'know?

lol :D

ooh, I thought I'd posted in this thread already... :|

Anyway, Congrats mate! It's such a good feeling the first time it fires up and you realise that the car is finally getting close to being a complete car again... 8)

as promised - hubba hubba!

I have no idea to convert it to an mpeg, so can anyone fill me in?

It plays with quick time though.