Sign in to follow this  
markTTC

FK Half-smoked rear lights

Got these at inters for £180, and just fitted them (it wouldn't stop raining here :mad: ). I think they look quite good - what do you guys think?

Cheers

Mark

nicee man,who from did you get htem off at inters? i will try and post some pic of my smoked rear lights with a g60 badge on it,they look of hte hook

im gonna get them myself as john 16vg60 also brought a set @ inters from eurotek.. only thing i DONT like about them is the dare i say it?? tacky looking chrome plastic on them i will have mine donebody colour on the offending parts!!

mark16v- they look v.nice on you c mate!

Got them from Gwent VW Audi - apparently they were being sold for £230 on the Saturday so looks like going on the Sunday was worth while :wink:

Cheers

Mark

on eurotek stand they were even cheaper mate...speak to ruben he was selling them there but they were NOT on dispaly..." i dont know why either??"

Looks like I've been diddled out of some serious amount of cash then - 189 Euros is about £134 - damn :mad:

It's a bit weird that the normal clear / red ones are 339 Euros (£242)

Cheers

Mark

Looks great Mark,

Looks better then the Impros IMHO.... As for the chrome, it'd probably be worthwile

sanding it off and then sparyin them with Matt black.

so its http://www.nlpower.com........ 8) ...................

Yeah spraying the chrome bits black is on my 'to do' list - I just wanted to make sure they weren't going to leak before I started changing them. It's been raining here on and off since the weekend and they seem fine :p

Cheers

Mark

They look good 8)

I wanted to spray my lights but I’ve been told that the cops don’t take friendly to tinted rear lights. Is this true ?

depends on the mood they are in and how tinted they are,some max muppets around here have got them so dark you can hardly see any light from them

Because I really don’t want to pay inpro prices but on the other hand I don’t want pay the same amount on a fine. Sod it I’ll give the paint a go but kept if thin

My lights are quite dark and I've had no problems from the cops at all (yet). Check them out in the members gallery under "My 1992 G60", it might give you an idea how dark you may or may not want to go.

Thanks mate I’ve already had a look.

It’s after seeing yours that helped me make my mind up to get the three rear windows tinted and now the lights look a bit out of place

They are inpro lights or at least based on them. They are exactly the same as a set of inpros I have sitting in a box in the loft!

Kev

94 VR6

They definatly look very smart! Saw them on Nik patel's C whilst it was gettin the dents removed. Wouldn't say they look better than the inpro classics (NO, I'm not biased :wink:) I just think they have many factors to consider. ie, The FK versions wouldn't suit my car. The in pro's IMO Do.

It depends on you r wheels, body colour etc...

Just my 2p

You're probably right about them smoking the In-pro ones - but I'm pleased they did it for me as I would have probably made a mess of the job myself :lol:

kevhaywire - you did a good job on yours mate - alot better than some smoked ones I've seen that have dull paint. Did you paint the chrome surround in matt black?

Cheers

Mark

Different tints/colours suit different car colours darker tints suit dark coloured cars. I spent ages looking for right ones for my white C .

I think the clear/red inpros do the car justice. Bought at inters from some German guys (suspension.de) £190

Mark, I covered the chrome with sticky back black felt from John Lewis. Painting over the chrome looked cak and pulling the chrome off with solvent looked equally cak. I can't believe Inpro left the housings chrome, it looks so cheap and nasty.

Yours look good and suit the car. I was never really happy with how they looked on my car, so have put the standard ones back on!

Cheers

Kev

Different tints/colours suit different car colours darker tints suit dark coloured cars. I spent ages looking for right ones for my white C .

I think the clear/red inpros do the car justice.

I agree. The clear lights look great on the white / silver C. Whereas, for my Bordeaux coloured C I think I'll go for the slightly-smoked FKs - these seem like good value.

Can anyone recommend side-indicators that will match these?

Andy

So the paint melts the chrome bit?- that's worth knowing as I was going to spray mine this weekend :shock:

Did you use plastic primer before you sprayed it?

Looks like In-pro are doing the black casing now - some guys in the states have these:

No it's the solvent that melts certain plastics, but not the acrylic used on the inpros. The paint just doesn't stick to the chrome plating, so it needs removing or heavily sanding down first.

I tried that but bits of dirt and stuff fell down the gaps and could be seen from the outside, so you need to tape off all the plastic lense bits, especially over the gaps between them and the housing.

Kev