Sign in to follow this  
stevemac

Front brake caliper clips

The reason that you won't have any fitted is that VW do not list them as fitting a Corrado. Your old ones will have rotted away & replacements will have been impossible to find.

These clips are definitely fitted to my G60 & also to Blue_Joe's G60. I strongly suspect that they're also fitted to 2cc's 1.8-16v too

I found them in our warehouse today. I'll post the part number tomorrow evening.

Hmmm, not got them on mine - I thought they usually came with the pads if needed? The Corrado pads have that spring on top that does roughly the same job...

Hmmm, not got them on mine - I thought they usually came with the pads if needed? The Corrado pads have that spring on top that does roughly the same job...

Not always - I suspect that Corado's may have been fitted with a couple of different makes of calipers. On both mine & Blue_Joe's, the spring clips on the pads perform no useful purpose whatsoever - they poke straight through the slot in the caliper. The pads are held tightly in place by these (above) clips.

I'm gonna post the GSF part number on here tomorrow & update our (GSF) computer system to include Corrado's in the application list.

I did have, and they came with the Mintex 1144s that I had on there before the Brembos... 8)

Picture now updated with part no's

It would apear that not all of the front pad kits include a new set of these clips, nor do VW list them as fitting any of the Corrado range.

rear pads tend to have the anti-rattle spring built onto them... I've not seen any removable ones for VW cars... 8)