Sign in to follow this  
hairyhoover

I want a Corrado.. Some Advise would be Nice!!

Hi everyone im new to corrado's and im need some advice on what to get.

This is want ive been told........

dont touch a g60, cost to much to run, stick with a 2.0/1.8 16v

also dont get a 16v they unrelible

also the 8v's are slow.

you lot shud no wat ur talking about so any advise would be helpful

and im 19 so insurance is a issue. about £2000 for a g60

depends what you want mate,if you like playing with the car and modifing than you best bet is g60,in a few months ill be 19 and i can insure myself for 1k me as a second driver with 1 yr no claim on the car from elephant on my G60. I have a G60 and i love it,with a few mods none of the other corrado engines come close to it considering the amount of money on the mods. if you find a g60 with nice body ful service history and a serviced charger you should be cool for a while.

I wish i had a corrado at 18!

what do you youngsters do??????

HairyHoover, if thats what you have been told about Corrado's then the only choice for you is a VR6, expect the high insurance though.

Another general point on cars is that they are only as reliable as their owners.

hairyhoover, Sound like you've been told a few porkies really

G60 Very Reliable if the Charger is maintained

VR6 Engine is stong but has its weekness's (as do all engines)

16v good Motor cheaper insurance and well worth a look at even if there are slower.

8v's HMMM nuff said my charger pipe blew off once (no thanks)

if insurance is going to be an issue then a Corrado isn't really the right motor to go for just yet.......the lowest grouped Corrado will be the 16v(ins grp 15???) then the 8-valve(strange i know)

anyway you'll find out that G-60's are nowhere near as fragile as what non-Corrado-owners will have you believe....just make sure the charger has been recently rebuilt or budget for getting it done asap

the 16v's shouldn't really be unreliable(unless mistreated) as the 1.8 16v is bascially the same engine thats fitted to countless mk2 golf gti's and they still have a big following

the 8-valver is quite a rarity though obviously a wee bit underpowered for the weight of the Corrado

although there's plenty of young guys here with Corrado's the best thing for you to do is wait for a few years build some more ncb and then go for a Corrado..........if you've been quoted £2k ins then it'll leave you very little money for any repairs/maintenance that allCorrado's will be needing

I wish i had a corrado at 18!

what do you youngsters do??????

HairyHoover, if thats what you have been told about Corrado's then the only choice for you is a VR6, expect the high insurance though.

Another general point on cars is that they are only as reliable as their owners.

well i bought my G60 when i was 17,was my first car :D :D ,she was my first love thats why iv spend all that cash on that biatch,i dont do anything ilegal that i can think of :D :lol:

Hi everyone im new to corrado's and im need some advice on what to get.

This is want ive been told........

dont touch a g60, cost to much to run, stick with a 2.0/1.8 16v

also dont get a 16v they unrelible

also the 8v's are slow.

you lot shud no wat ur talking about so any advise would be helpful

and im 19 so insurance is a issue. about £2000 for a g60

Um.. so lemme get this straight. Don't touch a G60, they cost too much to run... 16v's are unreliable, and 8v's are too slow.

So that pretty much leaves a VR6.... and any insurance company will laugh you off the phone when you try and insure one at 19 years old.

Seriously... if you are 19 and you really want to get a Corrado, then the 1.8 16v would be the best starting point. The 16v engine is very reliable providing you look after it. Warm it properly before using high revs, keep to the service schedule, and keep fluids topped up.. VW's engines are renowned for reliability and the 16v is no exception.

The bonus is that they are the cheapest to pick up (seen very nice condition ones for £2000, which is a bloody steal if you ask me) and a good starting point should you want to progress up the 'engine ladder' later on.

ya, id say 16v for you.. jims16v is right on :thumbleft:

you can always turbo or G60 the 16v when you get the cash.. not sure what the laws are over there.. but a lot of times you can get away with shit like that over here without anyone knowing the difference. good luck... keep some money in your wallet for after you get the car, you'll need it.

I'd agree. Go for a 1.8 16v- cheapest to insure (group 15). Think the 8v is 17 :shock: :? , along with 2.0 16v and G60. You'd be lucky to get insured for a VR6, and if you did, I suspect you'd be quoted 2.5k +.

Go for the 1.8 16v :)

Nothing wrong with a 1.8 16V... I had one for nearly 3yrs and was a cracking motor - mega reliable too...

Absolutely. Had my 1.8 16V since '92 and it's been totally reliable, whoever said they aren't duff genned you. Like the other guys said, keep it serviced and it'll do you proud. Best 4u for insurance too.

Well.. there definately isnt anything wrong with the 16v.. just as excellent as any of the other models. Its just the easiest one to get you started on.

The insurance company will still rape you though!!