Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

CORRADO IN AUTOCAR TOP 100 USED CARS

I was very disappointed to see the the Corrado VR6 only made eleventh place in a top used buy guide. :? Asi I just recently bought a Corrado VR6 after studying the opposition I think they have made a mistake here (maybe it is best us Corrado owners don't get all the lime light?)

Eventually I whittled the cars I was looking for down to just 2, the other being a Nissan 200 Touring. Autocar put the Nissan in 2nd place. As I have driven both I think i can confidently say the Corrado, despite having a lesser spec and being an older car is still far better. :wink:

On the contrary.. you'll learn that the Corrado shows up in magazine articles a LOT more than you'd expect. There have probably been 5 or 6 different small bits on the Corrado in the past few months. Seems to be having a bit of a revival at the minute.. its making prices very good as well! :)

its making prices very good as well! :)

not so good for people that want to buy a Corrado tho :wink:

geez, C prices are on the up and up :(

Yeah was in a used car garage today and the owner was admiring the corrado saying they were like gold dust!! He said that they were fetching silly money!! I'm all for that....long may it continue!! :D

I just bought Autocar today and have read through this list too (which is the 'hot 100 used cars' divided into 5 price bands - the Corrado is in the £2.5k - £5k section).

I don't think the order of the list is overly significant - for example in the same category, the Pug 106gti is is listed higher than the vr6, sierra cosworth, fiat coupe turbo and porsche 944 s2 (among others). It could just be a fairly random order, or possibly they've rated them based upon purchase cost, running cost, performance, handling, reliability, etc.

What is interesting though is what they actually say about the vr6:

"With the Corrado VR6, VW created an instant Porsche 944-eating sensation. It was underpriced new, now it's a steal. Bag this rarity and become the envy of your friends."

Sounds a pretty positive summary to me :D

I was at my second home today (Audioscape) and there was my car, a Storm, a Boxster and a Jag there and all eyes were on the two Corrados :lol:

I don't care what the magazines have to say about the Corrado because soooo many people say good things about it in real life, mags can say what they like, makes no difference. Nothing beats a real life discussion with strangers about your Corrado :lol:

Yeah Corrado's are always getting attention. Especially if you see a couple next to each other- people in the know can't believe it as they know there quite rare, and people who don't know about them just stare in bewilderment!!! I really enjoy it when someone stops and makes a comment to me about the Corrado- it is always positive.

I once had a homeless guy on the street come up to me and say how much he loved Sciroccos yet VW had made a worthy replacement with the Corrado. :D

I spotted some guy from the Saxo Sports Club on the M5 on the way home from Longleat the other weekend - only because he has a C2 VTR and he had the forethought to buy the plate "C2 VTR" before Citroen thought of it. I PM'd him to tell him, and he said "Saw 2 Corrado's going down the motorway, spoilers up - looked damn sweet!" - so people must notice Corrado's all over the place, just that we don't really know about it :)

I once had a homeless guy on the street come up to me and say how much he loved Sciroccos yet VW had made a worthy replacement with the Corrado. :D

Did you put him right by telling him that the Corrado wasn't so much a replacement as the Scirocco's bigger brother? ;)

love to know where autocar got their pricing tho...........48k mile VR6 for £4950 :roll: ........more like easy £1k more :wink:

love to know where autocar got their pricing tho...........48k mile VR6 for £4950 :roll: ........more like easy £1k more :wink:

and the rest :(

definately a sellers market at the mo :cry: