Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

went to look at a new corrado today!!!watcha think?

went to look at this.

h plate 1.8 16v

155K FVWSH, cambelt done 5k ago,discs last year,never had head gasket done,only a few dings, looks totally original, felt very good--straight and FAST compared to mine lots of pull!

engine was quite dirty and the front seat was a little worn

no sunroof?!?! good or bad?

and the rooflining was sagging badly-price on repair??

was asking £2150 including a set of 17"wolfrace street racer wheels or something???

said i didnt want the wheels and got him down down a bit-£300ish

opinions??

No sunroof! :shock: :shock: those things are rare!! Gotta be a good thing though, they only rattle and break. Don't have any idea how much to get the roof lining sorted though. I would imagine that if you can get them, they won't be cheap because they're so rare.

Mine doesnt have a sunroof and from what I hear Im quite glad.

Did it have electric windows ?

Theres a bit of oil lurking around the engine,maybe the oil filler cap was left off and pipe by oil filter looks tired.

The roof lining will be the problem and check the ghostlyy face on the roof lining ! yikes......

:-P chubbz

I would say for the miles and the condition under the bonnet! it is pretty damn steep.

Fair enough it has a FVWSH - but with no engine work done or mention of running gear etc - you could definitely find better for the same ££. Would probably need to know more history to determine if its worth going for imo.

Visually - looks a bit of a dog to me (current condition) - not worth any more than £1500 IMO. As time goes by, I reckon you'd regret buying it.

You'd be better waiting a few weeks, doing a bit more searching & maybe spending a little more on a good example. :wink:

Keep looking mate.. what the hell happened around the oil filler cap under the engine bay?!

As for the sunroof.. well.. i'd look at it as one less Corrado 'thing' to go wrong quite honestly! :)

Yup, the guy could at least of cleaned the engine bay before putting it on the market.

Or is he hiding something? :shock:

No sunroof is a bad thing in my opinion, but then again it is ONE less thing to go wrong.

The headlining should be easy enough for an upholsterer to repair, might be worthwhile getting a quote and bargaining him down somemore.

Personally, I wouldn't pay any more than £1800 and that's only if the bodywork and wheels are immaculate.

Yup, the guy could at least of cleaned the engine bay before putting it on the market.

Or is he hiding something? :shock:

then again if it was sparkly clean you would also think that he was hiding something.............kind of a catch 22 situation really :?

Have to agree with Steve on this one, its most definately not worth anymore than £1500, if you use the http://www.autotrader.co.uk and register, you can then serach the whole country for every single 1.8 16v for sale and organise it by price or distance etc.

This way you get to sit back watch and also get cars as soon as they come out as they go on the internet 1st.

As an example

VOLKSWAGEN Corrado 1.8 16V, G reg.

103000 miles, excellent condition, 5mnths tax, 11mnths MOT. £1,750.

I wont post the phone number etc might be a bit unprofessional.

Visually - looks a bit of a dog to me (current condition) - not worth any more than £1500 IMO. As time goes by, I reckon you'd regret buying it.

You'd be better waiting a few weeks, doing a bit more searching & maybe spending a little more on a good example. :wink:

I'll second that, There are some good'uns out there. I waited 6 month and glad I did. D'ont be suduced by the C thing. as advised by CF, test drive as many as you can. that will sort the dogs from the bi*#hes!

cheers guys exactly what i thought!!!!!

did try and see if was interested at a figure around 1500 but NO way, it`s a no no!!!

i said i`d sleep on it and said i`d ask some friends who knew a thing or two about corrado`s!! (you lot!) thanxs again!

any one know of a good one?? about £2k! :)

I am thinking about selling my valver once i get the mot done

I have a black H plate 16v with good service history and 58k on the clock with mot's to prove it.The car is 100% original! mint interior,like new! no sunroof,electric windows.needs some work on the body to be perfect, probably about £400 i would accept £2200 for the car.