Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

vibratech ??

ok i think i need a new engine mount, when i throttle on or off i can feel the engine move, so i'm considering a vibratech front engine mount ( i think they're about £145)

do they make a big difference to the engine movement and general lack of vibration ?

basically are they worth bucks ?

cheers

paul

ps are they easy to fit ? :)

I had one fitted at Stealth a couple of months ago, and the engine is certainly more under control. I have noticed no difference in vibration transmission at all - some people think that there is a little more due to the increased rigidity of the VT mount but I don't think it is significant or troublesome.

It's reasonably easy to fit; support the front of the engine on a trolley jack, release all the mount bolts and jack up the engine until the old mount can be withdrawn. You will need to undo a bracket that stabilises a power steering hose for easy access ( one small bolt), insert the new mount, lower the engine, check all bolts are tight. Half an hour's work and your bonnet is safe again.

Best wishes

RB

It makes a great difference to the feel of the car/ gear change- well worth the money.

One small side effect is that you get a great sounding 'harmonic' from the engine when coming off the throttle from high revs in first/second- it sounds like a turbine winding down and everyone looks round and wonders whats under the bonnet 8)

Saying that I have got the track spec one- don't know whether the normal one would do the same :?

Mike

All 3 of my mounts are uprated and when combined with a rebush and decent suspension, the whole car feels like it was forged from granite on the road :lol:

All 3 of my mounts are uprated and when combined with a rebush and decent suspension, the whole car feels like it was forged from granite on the road :lol:

Mmmm firm. Just out of interest how much more does the VT mount cost over the VAG one? IIRC the VAG one is about £50? If so, then you're 'only' paying £95 more for the VT one.

I'll definitely be replacing mine with a VT one when the time/money comes.

thanks for the replies i'll check out awesome gti and try direct from vibratech to see if there is any price difference 8)