Sign in to follow this  
andiG60

blowing all my cash

having recently come into a bit of money i need the advice of the forum. basically i want mental power from my vr!!

i was thinking gasflowing, K&N, VSR, cams, lightened pullys, cat bypass and maybe taking the engine out to 3litre( but i remember hearing this can be problematic due to valve size and location in the vr engine?)

however crusing the web i came across storm developments who offer a stage 3 vortech supercharger kit for £5grand+( seems a lot of cash!). AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TODO :roll:

obviously the essentials would be done like new suspension, bushs and mounts etc but if i do end up with over 250bhp in a front wheel drive, would i need to address this with the help of quaife??eg. new box?? lsd etc???

can anyone offer any help? i need the car to be reliable as i want to use it, not just sit and admire it. in the view of the forum which route would be the best??? or could i combine them all??? eg vsr, 3litre, cams & a charger???????

any suggestions?

I would concider selling you my supercharger and chargecooler set up, which is good for over 250WHP and 13 quarter mile times.

And the big plus is it very reliable!!!!!

i have to say..im not a fan of forced induction.

especially having been in kevs car and feeling exactly what some nice tuning can do for the NA car.

Get the essentials done..timing chains, tappets, etc..then 268 schrick cams, schrick VGI, re chip and then spend on a 6 speed box and the LSD if you want...

thats what i would do.

I don't see anyone else offering a Supercharger in this thread?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, forget about it.

especially having been in kevs car and feeling exactly what some nice tuning can do for the NA car.

Cheers mate :lol:

You should feel it now with the 15s back on :shock:

Sorry I didbt know if you was asking AndiG60 how much he was wanting to spend.

It would be no good for you kev as you are running a Shrek, my chargecooler is built into the inlet.

Yep, better handling and quicker acceleration..... but then we already know that about 15s anyway :wink:

Must add yet more to your weight having to carry all those extra pairs of underpants with you tho? ;)

You'll need to take me for a spin (not literally) on Sat...:D

[it would be no good for you kev as you are running a Shrek,

And 268s :? Need 248s ideally, or stock cams....

Ah well, A shrek and 268s isn't exactly slow, so it'll do for now :lol:

Sorry I didbt know if you was asking AndiG60 how much he was wanting to spend.

It would be no good for you kev as you are running a Shrek, my chargecooler is built into the inlet.

so how much is it?

I would be looking for offers around 3 grand, but for that I would include all the kit for the supercharger (z-eng), all the chargecooler, 2 stage water methanol injection, and exhaust (inc decat)

Basicaly all that takes mine from standard, I would offer to leave it in my car until some one buys it to show what you are getting, and also I could supply and fit for no extra!!

I will be putting it all up for sale propper soon so here is the first chance.

Kev I've been thinking about the old Shrek and 268's, Thought that was the best combination?

Think Guy is selling his but not 100% sure yet

Guy as in Guy Hartley?

He's got 248s and a Shrek. 268s are not suitable for supercharging, they're too wild!

Big valve gas-flowed head, gas-flowed throttlebody and exhaust manifold, cams to suit, LSD.

All the above assuming that the rest of the engine and transmission are in perfect condition, the suspension is as you like it and the brakes are sorted.