Sign in to follow this  
HiAsAKite

Insurance... Admiral or Adrian Flux

Ok guys.. need a few opinions here..

I have comparable quotes from Admiral (my existing insurer) and Adrian flux for my renewal...

Based upon people's experience with claims (I have never had to make a claim...other chipped windscreens)... which way would you recommend I go?

Ta..

Yep.. (all part of the Admiral group).. and Admiral per se came out best for me...

Have also had quotes from HIC, Norwich Union, Tesco, direct line, Privilige, etc etc etc.. Admiral and Adrian Flux were by some way the best.. and comparable to one another..

The question now is which of the two I go for......

(bear in mind my insurance is somewhat limited due to owning a LHD VR with uprated brakes.......some insurances load for LHD, some don't care,... needless to say you can guess which ones give me silly quotes)..

Am a CCGB member and have tried Chris Knoxx.. didn't beat either Admiral or Flux...

Think (if I remember rightly) it may have been due to it being LHD....

i'de go with admiral m8,i use to be with them and never had any complaints,they wouldnt cover me now because of the engine conversion so i went with adrian flux last year but just changed it to brentacre mainly because adrian flux service is sh*t (took them 8 months to send the insurance certificat out to me),and its gone up nearly £200 :roll:

This is really interesting..I thought Admiral would come out pants on claims (hence why they are cheap).. but. .... both this thread... and a mirror thread on pistonheads are suggesting Admiral are ok and Flux are pants for customer service...

I was with Elephant last year (a part of Admiral) and my renewal went up £600 because I'd picked up 3 points (on top of the 4 I already had. THe cheapest quote I got was with the RAC. Most of the insurers are pretty good at sorting out claims. The only time they really fuck you about is if you fail to diclose something to them.

I can't rate admiral highly enough. I only moved 18 months ago because my bank bettered the deal by quite a bit.

4 1/2 years ago I was smacked head on by a boy racer in a Nova jumping a red light and my car needed substantial repairs to the front (immaculate E30 325i convertible). The car value was 6K and the repair costs were just under 4K but they went ahead and repaired it at one of Aberdeen's best body shops and gave me a hire car. Excellent service.

Yeah I'll second Admiral- £2.5k worth of repairs on my storm- again at a superb bodyshop

With Flux now though because they beat the Admiral renewal quote by £300 quid

Cheers

At the moment its Admiral £625, Flux £608... Privilage £645... rest of the insurers are in the 700,800,900,1500 mark...

From what I've heard here and elsewhere think I'll stay where I am

I pay £468 a year with Adrian Flux, they beat my Tesco's quote by just over a 100 quid

You pay what for a Corrado???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...

....oh but you're female...

:roll:

you ever had to make a claim with them?

You pay what for a Corrado???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...

....oh but you're female...

:roll:

you ever had to make a claim with them?

nope!! :D (touch wood)

I was a "customer" of Sterling Insurance / Adrian Flux about 4 years ago.

-~ My Experience ~

o I took out & paid for policy in January 2000. Got nothing in the post except a single covernote.

o In February I put a personal plate on the car & they tried to charge me £25 "admin fee" for this, despite the fact that I was still on a covernote (so the cost is actually zero) - a fee subsequently dropped as soon as I questioned it.

o In March I received a producer from local Police, and got in the shite with them, as Flux had not issued any more covernotes or docs so I had nothing to produce, and it took THREE ATTEMPTS to get a valid covernote from them, putting me well outside the 7 days for the producer. (The first two covernotes had the wrong vehicle reg on them, despite my checking it with them each time I called). Needless to say I had to do some "dancing" in the Police station to avoid receiving a charge for non-production of Insurance.

o By May I still did not have any insurance certificates from them when I had an accident two days before Inters (ran into the back of another car)

o About a week after I had reported the claim, I received a call from Sterling saying the Insurer (AXA) had just received my proposal form and money that day. By this time I had gotton quotes for the damage and had sent them off - the quotes for the damage arrived before the application form & cheque did (from Flux)

o I then heard nothing for over 5 weeks.... no engineer to inspect the car or anything.

o When I chased the claim the Insurer tried to repudiate the claim as (a) they'd not received the proposal and money until after the accident and so thought I was pulling a fast one and (b) they were querying some info on the proposal, which could and would have been rectified at the start of the year when I first took the Policy out. The issue was fairly easily resolved, but made a lot more complicated than it should have been because it was raised in the midst of the claim, but AXA still tried pretty hard to wash thier hands of my claim, because the paperwork had arrived after the accident.

In the end I lost patience with the both of them and threatened to sue both Flux (for negligence and breach of contract) at which point the repairs "magically" got authorised. Needless to say at the following renewal, neither side were interested in renewing the business.

It won't surprise you if I recommend you use almost anyone alse but them....

John

p.s. In the insurance industry there are occasional horror stories of insurance brokers who take your money and then keep you on covernotes for a whole year, but fail to send the paperwork on to the Insurance company. The rationale is that if you don't claim, they keep the premium you paid as pure profit for themselves and the Insurer never knows you existed. If you claim - everything gets posted off asap. Now I would never accuse Flux of doing that in my case, but the whole episode was pretty disgraceful, and it certainly shouldn't have taken 5 months to post my forms & premium to AXA... go figure...

corozin wrote

p.s. In the insurance industry there are occasional horror stories of insurance brokers who take your money and then keep you on covernotes for a whole year, but fail to send the paperwork on to the Insurance company. The rationale is that if you don't claim, they keep the premium you paid as pure profit for themselves and the Insurer never knows you existed. If you claim - everything gets posted off asap. Now I would never accuse Flux of doing that in my case, but the whole episode was pretty disgraceful, and it certainly shouldn't have taken 5 months to post my forms & premium to AXA... go figure...

thats what flux probably did with my insurance,not that i claimed but i didnt get a certifacate till 1month befor the policy was up for renewal

forget them all ring volksworld 08451240240, i got my golf g60 with all mod's agreed value for £500 all with no NCB, all my cars are mow insured with this company, say your in a club % off, subscriber to volksworld 5%off (they don't check)

I used to be with admiral and changed to flux about three years ago, I have had never had any major problems with either of them, but then again i have never made a claim with any of them.

Only thing that did grind me up last year, was ehen u ring up to change somethin, they insist on chargeing you 25quid administration costs, for every little change. I tryed to declare all my mods with only two months left on the policy, they then tryed chargein me the full cost of those mods for the year and not pro rata for the final two months, They also suggested there was no way i had done all the mods that month and must have lied throughout the policy as to whats on the car.

All sorted now, amazein how much better some people are when u ring back and get someone else.

I have my years insurance document, so dont know why others say they dont get theres, maybe they pay monthly.

The reason im with them is the 400quid a year deal, its the best by far.