1 owner

FVWSH

Elecey everthing

Cloth interior

CD Player

Alarmed

MOT/ Taxed

£6k

What do you reckon to this then i think it sounds promising but your knowledge and opinions would be appreciated! :D

i think that would depend on things like how long till the car needs next MOT/Tax, what work has been done to it etc, what colour maybe? £6K is a lot imho - i'd want the price justifying. You can get a good example for £4.5K...

I'd pay £6K for that if it is 100% sound and a good, genuine car. As mentioned already, there are plenty of others around for less, so the seller needs to justify that price.

Yeah i know i would like one with leather + a/c although the chances of getting a/c are slim. There is 10months MOT left and 5 months tax. Its totally original and does sound mint it has all its historu from the original bill of sale to the first aid kit.Its just that as u say 6k is quite a bit, so i'm in a quandary at the moment.

no you can't thats a lie..... 4.5k gets a horrible VR6 these days.

6K for 80k silver VR is quite good, try and knock him down to 5000 though, maybe settle at 5,500? - silver is very nice!

Make a point (if he's been looking at how much the going rate) that it doesn't have leather (actually knock 750 off) , and make note of any scrathes dents etc and try and knock money off.

Check the calipers - fookin things

Oil colour, Brake fluid colour - the one I picked up had turned black - 3 months later I need new lines and calipers etc

Wack it in reverse and dip the clutch and get some one to see if the engine lifts up alot (keep handbrake on) - got that little gem from Guy and Ben

Try and go along quite confident that you can knock the price down and be prepared to walk away as there are some other good ones around

Don't go still drunk from the night before like I did and clear out someones garage as well for all spares..... :oops:

Nice ones do require a bit of dosh but see if someone can have a look with you, as I was clueless when first looking and my mechanic friend and Guy were nice enough to help out

where is the car based? im sure someone would be near by to take a look with you

dont look at it late in the day...or in fading light like i did... look for little signs of love...is it clean..is it vacuumed..are wheels curbed

check for rust along the bottom of both door inside and out all the way front to back of the door!! common area for rust.

i paid £4600 for mine with 80k.......but then im a lucky begger :lol: and to be honest mine wasnt mint.. for 6k you dont want one that needs body work

"i paid £4600 for mine with 80k"

really? good boy! looks bloody nice! How much have you spend roughly if you don't mind me asking?

I'm getting round to refurbing the solitudes, might get some slicks for the speedlines :twisted:

Can't beat 15s for handling and acceleration :wink:

Just refurbished my Speedos myself and they look ace and the car drives a lot better with them on.....even compared to 16s, which aren't exactly huge. The steering is a lot more precise on 16s though.....

And back to this car.... agreed, £6K sounds a lot initially but it isn't in the long run if it's a good example that's been looked after.

um...i dont mind but dont really want to crash another perfectly innocent thread like i have done alot recently

i reckon including the car, the schrick, the wheels, the body work refurb, the suspension, the exhaust, the VT mount... its about £7k

look on my link and feel free to ask more questions there

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... &sfgdata=4

:D

actually 6k (if its in good condition) doesnt sound so bad afterall now does it..but i do have beige leather!! :p

the steering is better with 16's on? really?

is that just because of needing lower profile tyres so a bit less flexing?

Mine with 17's even with Mich Pilot Sports and Eagle F1's at the front kind of bounced through some of the corners - wasn't happy, the RS's are for looks not use IMO the fronts stick out too much.

I'll be getting some Dunlop sports all round for the 15's I think, but 16's and Brembo's also sounds like a plan especially if handling is better, we'll see....

oh back to the thread

Get drunk in the afternoon and go and look at it in the night time! :-P

Sorry it's Friday and nearly time to go home!

Thanks for your opinions except biggerbigneil :wink: . I'm going to have a look at it with my dad and our m8 who is a mechanic so that should help things. I'm looking forward to seing it but if the price isn't right for the condition i am prepared to walk away. Wish me luck! :D

Re: no you can't thats a lie..... 4.5k gets a horrible VR6 these days.

My friend paid 4k for almost immaculate burgandy C yesterday also L reg, but with 99k on the clock. Honestly the interior looks brand new. Body work was almost immaculate too, no rust etc. The only thing wrong was the sunroof which didn't slide and the exhaust was changed for a s/s otherwise standard. FVWSH then stealth for last 5 years. Very, very well cared for.

Wondering if 5 - 5.5k seems like a more reasonable price for the silver c above with that mileage? £6k might be a bit toppy, maybe if it was a bit newer it would be justified (M/N)? You would probable expect leather at or above £6k?

Clivep (aqua blue in last months used car guide) was selling his for just over 6k and it had 72k on the clock and was an M reg. No leather, but I would have bought that I recon, looked a beaut!

Unbelievably, I paid 3k in the end for my silver c, which I am very happy with, was looking for about 3 months. Needs body work done, booked in next month, but mechanics and electrics pretty much 100%, had the timing chain done, clutch and head gasket done and has 105k on clock. Had it completely checked out on ramps etc. FVWSH apart from 2 speciallists (1 being the guy down the road who owns 3 C's)....

Hope that helps? Very nice colour btw!

Re: my bad.... :oops:

No offence taken btw was just mentioning my experience in respect to the 6k silver c. My engine may seize tomorrow, who knows?

IIRC This was on at 4995 at the beginning of the week and its that interesting seller in Slough??? Ad says no offers too. Oh and when you click on the dealer web site, he cant spell his own address. Eaton wick should be "Eton Wick".

If its who I think it is then its Slough.

None the less I reckon 5.5k if its really nice.

Yep thats the one Storm, it was 4995 but ut was an error it should have read 5995. It says no offers but you gotta try!

i would like one with leather + a/c although the chances of getting a/c are slim

In my opinoin cloth is better but as these guys say use it as a bargining tool. As for A/C thats just more to go wrong and will screw the mpg fiurther. £5.5k tops for price.

If subtle styling mods are choosen carefully then the silver C's look amazing.

I know Satin silver corrados do look the b******s in closely followed by blackberry but thats my opinion and another topic alltogether.

Speaking from personal experience - I was about to buy a VR with 107K priced at £4250. And it was in very good condition, only needed a few bits replaced (as they all do). It seems apparent that prices have risen about a grand of late - personally I don't don't feel paying out £6K for a VR at present is worth doing unless its totally justified. Patience will pay off. But if you get the car - hope its worth everything you pay for it! :)

I paid £4.6 for mine 1 owner (black heated leather and AC) 102k FVWSH every mot cert from new and every single receipt :)

My son paid £5k for L reg VR6 beautiful Bramble colour, similar mileage 3 years ago after AA engineer's inspection.

Great car for money for 2 and a half years then became money pit and he ended up getting only £2k for it in trade in for demo Lupo GTI due to serious engine wear.

In my 15 years experience of buying used cars, ultimately there is always a degree of pot luck unless you can get some expert to dismantle a whole car then reassemble!

Price seems reasonable as a start to haggle on.

In addition to previous advice, check oil filler cap for water/mayo and coolant for oily globules/bubbling. Also check that air filter element is not oily.

In addition to previous advice, check oil filler cap for water/mayo and coolant for oily globules/bubbling. Also check that air filter element is not oily.

tho don't panic too much if there is some mayo on the oil-filler cap as this can also occur due to short journeys and/or the engine not getting up to temp