Sign in to follow this  
ianVR6

non starter

Hi

Sorry if you've been here before, this is all new to me

Bought a 95N VR6 a few weeks ago no problems until now. Put some fuel in, drove 10 miles stopped the car, but spoiler didn't go down. went to start it again but engine dying everytime after about 2 seconds max. Any suggestions?

Sounds like your immobiliser is on the blink. If there was anything wrong with the engine it wouldn't start at all, or would run very badly rather than just cut out.

if the spoiler hasn't went down and the engine won't restart then its yer fuse under the dash(driver-side) thats gone........i had exactly the same problem in January this year and all it needed was 1 fuse replaced and the relays pushed in more securely.........my S/roof also wouldn't shut as i had it tilted when mine played up

My car works again! I changed the fuse for the spoiler and the car started first time! But now i'm confused how can the fuse for the spoiler affect the car starting?

My car works again! I changed the fuse for the spoiler and the car started first time! But now i'm confused how can the fuse for the spoiler affect the car starting?

i think IIRC its also the fuse for the fuel pump or engine management :?:

Thanks for that, she sounds fantastic and i'm happy! I've only had this car for 3 weeks .....wished i'd had one for the last 10 years !!!

i think IIRC its also the fuse for the fuel pump or engine management :?:

Yup, think it's the fuel pump, for some slightly insane reason.

Yup, think it's the fuel pump, for some slightly insane reason.

I knew that was the case on the early cars but thought they changed it in 1992!! :roll:

Good idea to carry some extra fuses!