Sign in to follow this  
Dirtysouth

Toad Ai606T2 or Clifford concept 650

Hi these are both Cat 1 alarms but a little price diffrence between them has anyone got either of these and shed some light on with ones better?

Toad Ai606T2 £339 fitted

Clifford concept 650 £425 fitted + Proximity sensors and total close i.e windows go up with closer

Any help much appriciated thanks.

Muks

Hi mate. I've got a the Toad on my Golf, and had one on my previous Golf too. The first one I had was on the car for two and a half years with no problems at all. The one on my current Golf hasn't given any trouble either. We have quite a lot of cars that come in to work with Cliffords on, and to be honest they are a pain in the arse! :x A couple off mates have also had them fitted and have both had problems with them on numerous occasions. Hope this helps :)

Cliffords seem to be scourge of the forum mate - a few people have had no problems with em (myself included) but I have heard a lot of bad stories about em.

Go with the Toad I think :)

i was just looking at clifford alarms on ebay,now my alarms stopped closing the windows etc when armed,think ill give it a miss now

A lot of people here seem to praise the Toad, me included. I have the Ai606 and have had no problems so far, its worth getting the tilt & shock sensor too. I'm not sure what the T2 suffix on yours means though, perhaps its the latest model no.?

My TOAD rocks.... Ai606 here also with total closure... cost me £250 fitted ;)

who from Scott?