daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Will ring you shortly but you've caught me at the wrong time, I've been off work with illness since the weekend.

Just to let you know i got my strikers today and they look GORGEOUS, Better than some ive been seeing on ebay with nails glued to them and stuff! Are they stainless steel or will i need to give them a good coat of hamerite before fitting?

cheers dave!

Stainless, no need to coat.

Will ring you shortly but you've caught me at the wrong time, I've been off work with illness since the weekend.

Just to let you know i got my strikers today and they look GORGEOUS, Better than some ive been seeing on ebay with nails glued to them and stuff! Are they stainless steel or will i need to give them a good coat of hamerite before fitting?

cheers dave!

Stainless, no need to coat.

LOL! sorry i should learn to read threads more carefully, you'd already gave a full description on the 2nd page! Thanks again Dave, hope you feel better soon

hi dave can i order 1 kit ns & os i still have the pm you sent me. sorry i did not order wean you sent me the pm

hi dave can i order 1 kit ns & os i still have the pm you sent me. sorry i did not order wean you sent me the pm

Yep, did I give you payment details in the PM?

Hello - may I please have both driver's and passenger side repair kit, please? Passenger side is dead so need at least that one if the driver's side is in short supply?!

PM me payment details and I'll get the money to you automagically :)

Many thanks, Chris.

Hi Dave,

Can I order one passenger side door handle repair kit for my '91 C pleeeeaase! :)

Can you PM me details regarding payment and postage? I was hoping to pay with cheque as I do not have a paypal account if thats ok?

Thankyou!

Hello - may I please have both driver's and passenger side repair kit, please? Passenger side is dead so need at least that one if the driver's side is in short supply?!

PM me payment details and I'll get the money to you automagically :)

Many thanks, Chris.

Arrived in post today, less than a week from payment. Great service - thank you!! :clap:

Hi Dave,

Just got your PM, just curious whether the repair kit will only be sent out upon delivery of cheque or before, and whether i need to supply you with a stamped addressed envelope or just my address? Does the price include delivery? Sorry to appear a little slow but just wondering! :confused4:

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Popped a cheque in the post today for the order of one passenger door handle repair kit, hopefully you'll receive it by the weekend.

Thanks! :)

Got my repair kit through post yesterday morning. Thanks for the quick delivery Dave! Now just to wait till it stops raining to fit it. :D

Hi Dave,

finally got round to repairing the door handle but am already stumped as to how to get the handle off the car :scratch: I've taken the door card off but can't get my hand in through the inner door skin enough to work out how to detach the smaller side of the handle. The end closest to the door is detached by unscrewing that screw above the lock. Pleease can you advise on the easiest way to get the handle off before i go nuts!

Thanks, Sam

Hi Dave,

finally got round to repairing the door handle but am already stumped as to how to get the handle off the car :scratch: I've taken the door card off but can't get my hand in through the inner door skin enough to work out how to detach the smaller side of the handle. The end closest to the door is detached by unscrewing that screw above the lock. Pleease can you advise on the easiest way to get the handle off before i go nuts!

Thanks, Sam

The handle needs to be pulled out further before the other end comes out. The central locking cable is stopping you from pulling it out further, you need to unclip the cable inside the door. Just follow the cable with your fingers and you'll come across the clip. I think you can see it if you shine a torch inside.

Detached the central locking cable and in the end the handle came free, with a bit of enthusiastic force :) . Luckily, i could get to the other side of the pivot pin and tap it out, 'cos it was refusing to be pulled out! quite fiddly indeed but now have a working door handle again.

Thanks Dave! :notworthy:

I've started work on these kits last week and so far it's going very well. I've got the parts together now and will be installing the kit on my C sometime this week.

I'll update when I've got the kit on, probably be the weekend.

Dave

I need a driver's door handle or repair kit for cental locking VR6, can you help please? :help:

I've got a broken handle and someone suggested a repair kit.

Do you still sell them or know where I can get hold of one please?

Many thanks!

I've got a broken handle and someone suggested a repair kit.

Do you still sell them or know where I can get hold of one please?

Many thanks!

PM sent.

Hi Dave, the handle on the drivers side of my VR went earlier today, (fix one thing, another breaks!) so could do with purchasing one from if you have any made up/left over?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

Received the repair kit, simple instructions ... had the job done in no time, easy stuff great kit. Thanks a lot mate, I know longer have to open my door from the passengers side into oncoming traffic!! :clap:

Can wholeheartedly recommend Dave's repair kit and instructions - the new part is much more man for the job than the VW Ally casting that had cracked in two on my drivers door handle. :clap:

The pivot pin was a real swine to get out - fortunately I could get access to the back and knock it out. There was no way it was being pulled out and I couldn't get anything in to give enough purchase to pull it out. The little hinge had quite a lot of grime in there (fair enough after 17 years I suppose). However, once the pin was out, the rest of the job was dead easy.

Detached the central locking cable and in the end the handle came free, with a bit of enthusiastic force :) . Luckily, i could get to the other side of the pivot pin and tap it out, 'cos it was refusing to be pulled out! quite fiddly indeed but now have a working door handle again.

Thanks Dave! :notworthy:

i had to take the door cards off and the plastic weather shield to do this bit... pain in the :censored:

Dave,

Thank you very much for the repair kit, a high quality piece of machining and good clear instructions. You've saved alot of people alot of time and money with these. 8)