daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

must get round to ordering one of these off you 'just in case'

mine are yet to break on me, however you can guarantee that if i don't buy some, then they will break before long!

any chance you could PM me with how you want to be paid etc...

thanks very much

:)

Just got my Corrado yesterday..It came with a spare handle (????)which I will try to fit today..But looking at this thread it sounds like I too best have one of these kits..My problem is the drivers side door..I need to open it from the other side and then get in,, :lol: Great fun..So being a newbie can I still buy these? If so how much and who wants my money :salute:

Would like a kit if you still supply them (both doors) - could you PM me costs / payment details etc..

cheers

Just fitted one of Daves repair kits

Very nice piece of metalwork

Takes a while to get purchase on the pivot pin but it comes out eventually.

Handle now works perfectly

Thanks Dave.

Kit received this morning, and I just fitted it this evening!

Top quality part, thanks! :salute:

Thanks Dave, the repair kit arrived this morning and I was stunned by the quality of it. I've just finished fitting it and it works perfectly. I did have a bit of trouble getting the pin out until I tried using a 2.5mm flat precision screwdriver. This had it out in a matter of moments. I'd have no hesitation in recommending this repair kit, it's plain to see the time and effort that's gone into it and Dave, I want you to know I greatly appreciate it. Fair whacks to ye boy, you're a top man! Thanks again, Phil. :clap:

just getting annoyed about my engine not running properly, went to open the door and the handle broke. i wish it would space out when it's going to break, not all at once. could i have a drivers side kit please?

Got my kit this morning and had it fitted in no time. Having read some others have had problems with the screw in, pull out bit I made a cunning plan. What I did was to start the screw with a driver, then grip it with mole grips and push in and twist at the same time. Saves stabbing yourself with the screwdriver and it worked a treat. Terrible pun time, My Corrado's a-door-able again.

Wullie

Hi,

Sorry, I enquired about these in the past but never got round to actually ordering them. The door handle is feeling a bit dodgier these days, especially with it being frozen shut with the recent weather!

Could you please quote me the current price for a repair kit for each side and for the headlight switch repair kit too please? I think it was £33 the last time for all this.

Thanks.

Hi, Are the repair kits compatible with the rear Passat (lockless handle) modification. When changing to the Passat rear handle you have to use the Passat lock too at present, I wondered if using the repair you could retain the OE lock and just swap the repair piece and make the Passat handle a more straight forward proposition.

Hi, Are the repair kits compatible with the rear Passat (lockless handle) modification. When changing to the Passat rear handle you have to use the Passat lock too at present, I wondered if using the repair you could retain the OE lock and just swap the repair piece and make the Passat handle a more straight forward proposition.

Not sure, I've never done this.

I'll try to get hold of one a perhaps we can look into this, it would make a cool mod much more staightforward and open up a whole new market :D

I'll try to get hold of one a perhaps we can look into this, it would make a cool mod much more staightforward and open up a whole new market :D

Yeah do that and I'll have a look :D

is this still the place to get the handle repair kit?

or are the ebay ones the same?

Nooooo don't buy them off ebay, they are NOT the same as mine.

How can I help you sir?

not sure if this is what i need yet, but am thinking i might fit them out of caution while i'm fixing the central locking

how much for a pair?

Dave, could do with a pair... passenger side boke this evening so prevention factor on the drivers side!

PM me with the details please! :wave: