daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Just to say thanks to Dave for the kit, works lovely and only a five minute job, cheap fix too :D I'd recommend it to anyone !!

an absolute doddle to fit you dont even need to unplug the wire i did it standing next to the car(lots of soundproofing can get into doors!) works like a dream!!

Hi there,

This message is intended for Daves16v so I am sorry if anyone else gets it.

How can I order a drivers side door handle repair kit for a 1994 M reg VR6? How much does it cost?

Many Thanks

Kevin

mailto:[email protected]

I had pre-empted my door handles breaking and had one of Dave's kits sitting in the garage.

My driver's handle finally broke yesterday! :)

Thanks to the handy instructions, I had the replacement fitted within 15 mins. No injuries either! :)

Great job, far more robust that the original tin thing! :lol:

I recommend that anyone with a Corrado do the same and order a kit today. Almost as essential as a spare wheel!

Cheers Dave! 8)

When i bought my C the previous owner supplied me with a new handle but it doesn't fit.

The two prong fork is short and the lever (bit that usually breaks) is longer.

What car would it have been off?

I have just got the repair kit from daves16v.(thanks)

Do you have to take the door card off to do this fix?

Do you need mole grips?(dont even know what they are)

And,has anyone else with little/no knowledge of car maintenance done this themselves?

Thanks.

Ideally it is better to completely remove the handle when fitting the kit which will mean taking the door card off.

The molegrips (see photo) are to grip the screw when removing the pivot pin. You can use a vice or similar to grip it.

I have had members send their door handle to me to repair but it means being without the handle for a few days. If you prefer to do this then I don't charge for it but you will have to pay for postage both ways.

Dave

Got a door handle repair kit from Dave - an excellent piece of kit and easy enough to fit (with the help of someone). Highly recommended!!

Dave i have been had by the "curse" could i come up to Nottingham and have it done as i only in Cannock?

Yes of course but wouldn't it be cheaper for me to send it you, then come up if you are having problems fitting it?

I don't mind either way but it will cost you a ride :lol: as I don't own a C anymore :(

Dave

To be honest i'm always worried about breaking bits--and having never had the door card off i would sooner let someone who knows how to do it show me first so i don't mind the ride up if you could spare the time?

bought one of these for my old c, brill piece of kit & relatively easy to fit. reckon i could do it next time in 15 mins. (took an hour last time & i've got the mechanical capabilities of a chimp! think i'll get a spare just in case.

pm sent soon-ish!

gaz

Dave

I am interested in a set of door handle repair kits. I have a 1994 Corrado and although the handles have not broken the passenger side one is a bit hard to open. Can you give me a price for the bits.

Kind regards

Pete Seeva