daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

where are you based daves16v ? I need a drivers side kit as soon as poss but the mail system on the base has shut down till the 4th of Jan... was wondering if you were localish to me? in basingstoke?

where are you based daves16v ? I need a drivers side kit as soon as poss but the mail system on the base has shut down till the 4th of Jan... was wondering if you were localish to me? in basingstoke?

M1 J25 Notts/Derbys

ah balls! close then! if I cant get a handle asap I may have to order one for when i return to the UK

Ok no probs, good luck with your search.

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty sure I need a kit. My door handle broke, I then got a 2nd hand handle from here, which broke 2 mins after fitting - I'm thinking the bits that break must be the same part/area.

If you send I kit, would a garage be able to fit it or would I? I have little knowledge or tools.

I have a16v 1989/1990 Corrado.

Mick

Hi Dave,

I'm pretty sure I need a kit. My door handle broke, I then got a 2nd hand handle from here, which broke 2 mins after fitting - I'm thinking the bits that break must be the same part/area.

If you send I kit, would a garage be able to fit it or would I? I have little knowledge or tools.

I have a16v 1989/1990 Corrado.

Mick

PM sent.

hi,

just to let everyone know that I rebuild one handle 3 years ago and it's still working fine since :)

top product!!!

hi,

just to let everyone know that I rebuild one handle 3 years ago and it's still working fine since :)

top product!!!

Thankyou for your feedback :cheers:

did my kit yesterday on a handle i had kicking about! as someone else mentions i boshed the pin out from the wired side using a small screwdriver and then gripped it and pulled it out. had an extra pair of hands with me to lift the spring up and it took maybe 15 mins in total to do! now im stuck getting the old door handle off the car! the screw looks a bit chewed!. did i read somewhere its a reverse thread screw or am i dreaming this up? if its not its uber tight!

Some driver sides are reverse thread but NOT all, I repaired one last week that was a standard right hand thread. If it's uber tight then I would guess it's a reverse thread.

how daft is that!lol ill give it a whirl tonight. have you noticed any specific cars thats reverse thread? or is it just random?

Another big thumbs up for the product and the man. I used the send your handle to Dave for him to sort it out method and the service was first class.

Thanks again Dave!

Another big thumbs up for the product and the man. I used the send your handle to Dave for him to sort it out method and the service was first class.

Thanks again Dave!

A pleasure as always :clap:

Just finished mine now after buyin a new screw from the dealers.. Top job on the piece dave and if anyone local to me needs a hand with theirs I'm willing to show you what you need to do

Hello Dave!

My friends from Estonian VW forum told me that I can order handle repair kit from you. Need one :)

I bought a set of these a while back knowing I would eventually need them and this week I did! The passenger handle broke and I replaced the pin yesterday - top piece of kit and thoroughly recommended

Thanks daves16v, another happy customer. Kit received on Tuesday and garage rang today to say they have successfully repaired the door handle. Smiles all round.

This is definitely a good site for anything Corrado related.