daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Someone could make some decent money here..... Also need my spoiler mechanism and motor taken out and refurbished. Willing to pay and make tea lol

Someone could make some decent money here..... Also need my spoiler mechanism and motor taken out and refurbished. Willing to pay and make tea lol

Think bacon sarnie might swing it.

May have a go this week... Advantages of spending most of my life twiddling my thumbs

Edited by delfinis38

Think bacon sarnie might swing it.

May have a go this week... Advantages of spending most of my life twiddling my thumbs

Full English on offer for both jobs and I make one hell of a good breakfast with only the finest ingredients. So Some cash, tea and the finest of breakfast on offer for door handles and spoiler - who can refuse such an offer - OK downside is you have to enter Swindon!

Full English on offer for both jobs and I make one hell of a good breakfast with only the finest ingredients. So Some cash, tea and the finest of breakfast on offer for door handles and spoiler - who can refuse such an offer - OK downside is you have to enter Swindon!

ha ha ha what an offer! wish I was closer to Swindon lol

Just checked,2 1/2hr trip for me !

What I did was get a second hand spoiler mech.(about £25) rebuild that,then just swapped them over !

Door handles are fairly easy to do,but you need a vice !

Just checked,2 1/2hr trip for me !

What I did was get a second hand spoiler mech.(about £25) rebuild that,then just swapped them over !

Door handles are fairly easy to do,but you need a vice !

Its the getting out and back in again im most bothered about - its not exactly an easy place to work - part upside down and I don't have a vice (well not that sort anyway) lol.

Hi Dave

These repair kits - tell me more about them - my door handles are not bad but passengers side - seems to be getting a bit loose and doesn't pull quite as neat as it should - is this the fix for this? How easy is the fit?

Many thanks

Have replied to your PM. I do offer a fitting service if you can send me the handle.

Dave

Its the getting out and back in again im most bothered about - its not exactly an easy place to work - part upside down and I don't have a vice (well not that sort anyway) lol.

I can't come to you but if you fancie a trip to sunny Essex would have no probs doing it for you. Even have a spare spoiler mech just in case.

I can't come to you but if you fancie a trip to sunny Essex would have no probs doing it for you. Even have a spare spoiler mech just in case.

Thanks for that.... Will see what I can sort locally but may come back to you.... The offer is much appreciated

Oh and mechanism should be fine... It was just randomly blowing the fuse when it went up on a run

No probs. if you do come down I would still expect a brekie cooked on a plate so I can bung it in the microwave lol. And if it's as good as you say I might even take you out in which ever G60 is working that day.

Oh and mechanism should be fine... It was just randomly blowing the fuse when it went up on a run

You never know what you find until you start to pull it apart. I have striped the interior of the black one over the weekend everything apart from the dash which I'm building myself up for. The amount of stuff I have found wrong but the worst was no bolt in the passenger lower seat belt bar. Glad I got it trailered home.

A word of warning the screw that holds the handle is reverse thread so not righty tighty lefty losy. I know I'm sad. Not 100% sure if it's the case for both sides but is for drivers side.

A word of warning the screw that holds the handle is reverse thread so not righty tighty lefty losy. I know I'm sad. Not 100% sure if it's the case for both sides but is for drivers side.

.... Are you kidding me?

I've been trying to get that bolt out since I bought my G60, mainly cause the circlip that holds the lock barrel in snapped, so the whole barrel comes away with the key. You're telling me i've been TIGHTENING it all this time!?

GOD!

Hi there would i be able to get one for drivers side. I assume its what i need. I opened the door and felt something give and now pulling the handle theres nothing but can still open from the inside thanks.