daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Can you PM me Paypal details please bud?

I'm gonna take the "prevention is better than cure" approach.

Price for a pair delivered please.

Aaron

You can either wait 'here' - and hope dave notices your post - or you could go to page one of the thread and pm daves16v. He'll respond, to be sure :)

Thanks John, Dave was in touch almost straight away and I'm so pleased with the result - brilliant!! Passenger side broke last week but i'm not worried :clap:

My door handle broke thismorning and im already bored off clibing through ! :(

Are the repair kits still available, if so how much are they please ?

Is it difficult to fix ?

Cheers :)

Hi Dave,

Just a quick thanks for posting the kit out so quick, considering i'm not very technical I managed to follow a mixture of both sets of instructions (all that info on hand, it seemed a shame to waste any :grin: ) and i'm pleased to report within an hour and a half I had the whole thing off, fixed and back on the car, all on my own ..... I was so proud of myself :nuts:

So thanks for being a bad ass and inventing such a great piece of kit

H xxxx

just to say thank for the kit, recieved it a couple of days ago and it looks really tidy ! :)

Im actually about to attempt it now, just a quick quick question first. How do you get the handle off ?

Ive got the door card off and taken that backwards screw out. I can slide the main part of the handle to the side and it will come out but cant get the whole handle off. Am I missing something ? :confused4:

just to say thank for the kit, recieved it a couple of days ago and it looks really tidy ! :)

Im actually about to attempt it now, just a quick quick question first. How do you get the handle off ?

Ive got the door card off and taken that backwards screw out. I can slide the main part of the handle to the side and it will come out but cant get the whole handle off. Am I missing something ? :confused4:

Have you disconnected the cable and unclipped it from the inside of the door? If the cable is still attached you can't pull the hand out far enough.

Cool cheers, knew it had to be something simple ! :D

Got it out now but looks as if the bit in your repair kit has already been replaced previously by someone else and its the piece that moves that which is broke ! :(

So im guessing I need a new handle.

Cool cheers, knew it had to be something simple ! :D

Got it out now but looks as if the bit in your repair kit has already been replaced previously by someone else and its the piece that moves that which is broke ! :(

So im guessing I need a new handle.

Can you PM me a photo?

Interetsed as well. Can i have a quote for both sides door handle repair kit shipped to Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

My new handle part has arrived, thanks Dave. Nice looking bit of metal :)

I can't fit it though as I could only just get the handle a little bit out of the door before it was stopped by the cable. After fighting the little cable clip inside the door for an hour I manage to pull that clip out, only to find it gave me only another cm of cable to play with and the handle mechanism doesn't even clear the hole in the door.

Anyone got any advice please?

My new handle part has arrived, thanks Dave. Nice looking bit of metal :)

I can't fit it though as I could only just get the handle a little bit out of the door before it was stopped by the cable. After fighting the little cable clip inside the door for an hour I manage to pull that clip out, only to find it gave me only another cm of cable to play with and the handle mechanism doesn't even clear the hole in the door.

Anyone got any advice please?

You need to remove the door card and pull the membrane part way from the lower corner of the door, the handle cable is plug into an additonal connector which is clipped to the inside of the door. You'll see it when you pull the membrane away.

OK, door card out and handle cable plug undone, so I can now get the handle fully out of he car.

Problem is now getting that pin out. I've tried tapping out the back of the casting (I have a late model) which hasn't worked. I've tried screwing the screws into the pin but its just stripped the threads off all the screws. Used a 2.5mm drill to try and spin/loosen the pin but it won't move. Anyone tried drilling the pin out completely and buying a new pin for it?

You should be able to get a really tiny allen key on the back of the pin, and then tap it out using something like a set of pliers :) (A hammer is a bit too cumbersome)

Thanks joebloggs, unfortunately I seem to have a "late model" version so there was no hole at the back of the split pin.

Still, done it! :)

Used a hacksaw and chisel to hack away bits of the broken part, exposing the pin which I could then slide out by pushing it with a screwdriver (using a groove I put into it with the hacksaw, oops).

The new part slid in with no trouble and the handle's back in the door and working again.

Only spilt blood once doing it :)

Yep, cutting away the remaining part of the striker arm is the last resort, long winded but it works.

Hello Dave!

I have recently realised a dream of many years, and have bought a '93 VR6 which I am restoring.

I am in need of two repair kits which I would need sent to Spain...

What would be your preferred method of payment??? And would you be able to send them by secure courier?

I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Cheers, Joefish67

Hello Dave!

I have recently realised a dream of many years, and have bought a '93 VR6 which I am restoring.

I am in need of two repair kits which I would need sent to Spain...

What would be your preferred method of payment??? And would you be able to send them by secure courier?

I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Cheers, Joefish67

PM sent :)

Hi Dave,

Need a kit please mate, drivers door has given up completely on me today! As its a daily im having to bundle in from the passengers side!

Actually scrap that, I may aswell take two as the passengers cant be far off needing one...

PM me with details,

Thanks mate!

Erm got a blonde Q... but say if the handles are less springy as in, I pull and not much happens on both doors (so got to yank :brickwall: to open), can this thread solve the issue also? :|

Erm got a blonde Q... but say if the handles are less springy as in, I pull and not much happens on both doors (so got to yank :brickwall: to open), can this thread solve the issue also? :|

It might be that the striker arms are 'stretched' and about to go, can't really tell unless you remove the handle. You can remove the handle partially for inspection.

Hi, think I need a set of these. Can you pm me with a price and payment details please? Cheers.